Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My cars are all dead (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127889-my-cars-all-dead.html)

BajaRunner 04-18-2006 09:14 PM

My cars are all dead

Just had a major hail storm, all 4 cars are trashed. we had golfball to tennis ball sized hail, just put a new roof on too :(

Its still raining, but i can see all the damage, im sure it will look worse tomorrow.

havent had a chance to check on the boat. it had its cover on it, do you think it will mess up the fiberglass?

:( :(

ActiveFun 04-18-2006 09:21 PM

Re: My cars are all dead

Wow.. that is a nightmare. I had a similar problem with a rainstorm. They told me my insurance would not cover since the water came in from under the subfloor due to "flooding". If a window would have broken and rainwater flooded the house, I would have been covered, but since the water came up thru the subfloor and due to the fact that the water table overflooded, it would not be covered by my home owners insurance.

Griff 04-18-2006 10:34 PM

I doubt it will hurt the boat. Mine was outside a few years ago when we got some huge hail. It was 1.5-2.5" diameter. The truck got hammered pretty good, but the boat was fine. It also had the cover on it. My roof was only a year old and had Heritage style shingles. The insurance company paid to replace it, but I never got it fixed. It really was not bad except for on one section. Most of the dents caused by the hail on the roof came out with the Summer heat. I sold the house a year later and they had it inspected. The inspector didn't see any damage either.

thedonz 04-19-2006 07:55 AM

How's the boat ?

jr Mike

BajaRunner 04-19-2006 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz
How's the boat ?

jr Mike

Havent had a chance to go check it yet. im hoping all good.
:(

ratman 04-19-2006 08:28 AM

thats a bummer, hope its not too bad on the cars, the boat should be fine though.

Pantera1 04-19-2006 08:30 AM

Sell two of them and build a garage ? JK sorry to hear about that

BajaRunner 04-19-2006 08:35 AM

what really sucks is i was trading in the truck, and test drove the other truck last night. somebody didnt want me to get that new truck.

what sucks more is what i found this morning. i have been restoring a 72 nova ss and i had sawhorses setup in the backyard and just found a cherry door and fender with NO rust, and i had them set up as i was prepping them to put on the car. they are beat to crap. although they did better than the cars. guess they dont build em like they used to. :D

thedonz 04-19-2006 09:16 AM

sorry to hear about the Nova ...now that's a car

jr Mike