Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Northern Michigan harbor info. needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127941-northern-michigan-harbor-info-needed.html)

Magic Medicine 04-20-2006 01:04 PM

Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Anybody have any pics they can post of Torch Lake and the surrounding lake areas. I would like to show them to my better half, so we can get the ball rolling on planning a vacation up their! :drink:

vandy021 04-20-2006 02:16 PM

WE BOAT IN LELAND AND STAND OUT LIKE SORE THUMBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evilb:

vandy021 04-20-2006 02:20 PM

PS. The Harbor master is really great! They have had a few *******s, but he's Russ has been the best. Also the local law can be a little hasty if they don't know you, well wait, they are hard on us and they have known us for 16 years, but maybe it's just me! :) :drink:

The sunsets from Leland are great and there is room to run all dam day. PM me and I can fill you in, I am actually headed that way tomorrow!

We may have no boat though this summer.... It's still at the factory.. :(

Perfectmix 04-20-2006 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Magic,
Come on up and boat with us. Love to have ya. Also the snowmobiling is great but I'm geared toward boating right now:D Here are some pictures.
I keep my 38 PQ at Torch River and run all of the rivers without any problems. Hope to see you.

vandy021 04-20-2006 02:28 PM

I hope to be able to come on a fun run this year up to Lake Charlevoix :cool:

Magic Medicine 04-20-2006 09:40 PM

That is a beautiful pic. We are definately coming up, we just need to set a date. I would like to come up for 4 days Thurs-Sun. We should get a group together, that would be great. Thanks for the invite. I am way out of the sledding mode myself.

onesickpantera 04-20-2006 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Do you sled? I love it in Caddy, I am going to try to rent a house this winter. I would like to be over near the Cross Roads Bar and Grill on highway 37. If you ever want a great meal go their and tell them Andy from La Porte Indiana sent you. I remember a while back you were looking for a new boat, did you get one? The more I hear about the Torch Lake area the more I want to go, I think I will definately try to get their this summer. It might be easier than I think my best friend is moving to the Traversity area soon! Do you ever boat on Lake Caddy or Mitchell? Is so how is it?

Thanks,

Andy Magic Medicine

Used to sled big time. I was a diehard from 1993 to 2003 but I got burned out. I had 9 sleds in 10 years from a XC500 to a XC925 Genesis big bore. Lost Pines lodge used to be my second home! :D

I had an Unlimited 191 last summer and I picked up a Pantera 24 this last winter.

I do boat on Caddy and Mitchell once in awhile. They are dirty lakes but better than nothing considering I can be on them in under 5 minutes.

I only have one pic on this computer of Torch. I'll post some more tomorrow. Water isn't very blue, is it? :D

JB4Boyne 04-20-2006 10:36 PM

If you guys want to come up and check out the area I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU. I'm looking for a couple more boats for our rescue team for www.boynethunder.com on July 14-15 What your duties would be...
I would put a couple of EMTs on your boat and send you out of Boyne City on Lake Charlevoix into Lake Michigan, you would have to sit at 3 different locations along the course and watch the Poker Run Boats fly by. And if there was ever a problem you would have to take the EMTs there to assist...Now for doing this I will give you tickets for Friday nights dinner at Garretts, lunch at Bay Harbor with the Poker runners and dinner and party back at Boyne with all the Poker run guys and GIRLS plus a place to dock your boat. You can ask anyone on here that has run the event and I'm sure they will tell you you will love it. Let me know if you have any more??? Thanks, JB

Magic Medicine 04-21-2006 07:35 AM

No boat,

I spent alot of time at lost pines. We have probably crossed paths or raced at one time or another. I used to ride a Formula III 800 that was all done up, I have since moved to the REV chassis. Good luck with the Pantera, they are awesome boats. What do you have for power?

Keep those pics coming!!!!!!

onesickpantera 04-21-2006 08:26 AM

Oh I've never raced on the road at Lost Pines! :rolleyes: :D

The Pantera has a 502.

I'll post some more pics in a few.