Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Notices

Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Old 04-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts
Default Re: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

JB4Boyne,
I'd tow to an OSO Torch Lake get together.
ed
Old 04-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Hey KAAMA, it looks like maybe we should have a OSO get together on Torch Lake this summer
Sounds like a great idea to me John! Although, with the short summers and all the other boating events going on I think it would be a hit or miss event with a lot of us---including me. We could just pick one day out of the weekend (probably in August) and keep it light & simple----maybe the "sand bar" on Torch would be the main focal point or rendezvous.

If the water conditions are pretty much calm out on Grand Traverse Bay, then one day out of the weekend I would like launching from Elk Rapids and boating around the bay area---especially by Marion/Power Island.

In other words, one day on Torch and the other out on Grand Traverse Bay water conditions permiting. Otherwise, I would probably spend both days on Torch Lake.

Just thought I would also post some shots of Bay Harbor I took a couple years ago. Clarity of the shots may not be all that clear. Also, I cannot get the right angle or a shot that's good enough to do Bay Harbor any justice. You have to experience it in person. It is a beautiful harbor!
Attached Thumbnails Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0016.jpg   Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0013.jpg   Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0012.jpg  

Last edited by KAAMA; 04-24-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Harbor Springs is just another beautiful spot in Petosky's northern bay area. Here's a shot of one of Harbor Springs' boat launches. This is the city launch and I cannot remember the name of it.

The dock is usually very long, but somehow the dock at the launch had been damaged and much of it had to be removed and you can see it sitting on the turf in the back ground of the shot. Otherwise, I am sure it could accomodate even a 47 footer. This shot was taken 2 years ago so, I am quite sure it has been restored/repaired.
Attached Thumbnails Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0017.jpg  

Last edited by KAAMA; 04-24-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pics continue to be awesome! I would be up for an OSO get together, just depends on the weekend. I am coming up at least once regardless!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

A few more shots...

1) Charlevoix's city launch ramp

2) Pull your boat up and eat at the Landing's restuarant located at the beginning of Lake Charlevoix's south arm

3) Another view of the Landing's restaurant from the docks
Attached Thumbnails Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0026.jpg   Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0027.jpg   Northern Michigan harbor info. needed-2004_0628northernmichigan0029.jpg  

Last edited by KAAMA; 04-25-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

Nice Pics Kamma!!

Can't wait to see that fire breathing A/T on Torch again this year.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noboat
Used to sled big time. I was a diehard from 1993 to 2003 but I got burned out. I had 9 sleds in 10 years from a XC500 to a XC925 Genesis big bore. Lost Pines lodge used to be my second home!

I had an Unlimited 191 last summer and I picked up a Pantera 24 this last winter.

I do boat on Caddy and Mitchell once in awhile. They are dirty lakes but better than nothing considering I can be on them in under 5 minutes.

I only have one pic on this computer of Torch. I'll post some more tomorrow. Water isn't very blue, is it?
Scott..
Can't wait to see the new Pantera Gotta admit the unlimited was a blast to watch though See ya soon
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Scott..
Can't wait to see the new Pantera Gotta admit the unlimited was a blast to watch though See ya soon
Josh, I can't wait to head up to Torch! I've had the Pantera out a couple times here locally for a few minutes to make sure everything was okay. I'm definitely excited to get it in the Bay when it's rough to see what it can do.

But, I have to admit I'm going to miss the Unlimited. The fun factor on that boat was through the roof!!! And it definitley held it's own(and then some) for a small boat. I don't know how many times I heard "What the f**k is that thing?" after a 5 minute wide-open run next to a 28 footer in the slop!

Last edited by onesickpantera; 04-25-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Nice Pics Kamma!!

Can't wait to see that fire breathing A/T on Torch again this year.
Yeah Josh, and I can't wait to do some more boating up there! I have your cell phone #.....so, I'll be in touch.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:40 PM

Well I can come down to Torch any weekend except for the Boyne Thunder weekend (July14th-15th) and the Northern Michigan Fun Run Weekend. So who ever is interested post the dates that they have open and maybe we can find a weekend that we all have open.

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan harbor info. needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.