Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Daytona Beach Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127956-daytona-beach-boating.html)

Edward R. Cozzi 04-20-2006 07:55 AM

Re: Daytona Beach Boating

I love the Daytona area. Plenty to do all the time. Bike Week, Turkey Rod Run car show during Thanksgiving and again in March, races, a full array of great restaurants, good shopping, nice beaches, nice people, Mouseville close by, good weather, etc., etc.

If I had to move, that's where I'd go.

JohnnyMarshall 04-20-2006 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by BIGGUN
I am thinking about relocating to Daytona Beach this summer. What is the boating like there? How is the economy in the area? Has construction picked up in the Daytona area as much as down south. What are homes on the intercoastal going for in the area?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Mike

Perm make it happen i cant wait to vaca down there all winter. :D :drink:

JohnnyMarshall 04-20-2006 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by BIGGUN
I am thinking about relocating to Daytona Beach this summer. What is the boating like there? How is the economy in the area? Has construction picked up in the Daytona area as much as down south. What are homes on the intercoastal going for in the area?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Mike

Have fun in Havasu this weekend and do some homework for me with the girls because ill be there wed. night. :drink:

ratman 04-20-2006 09:29 AM

cuda, any good bars with dockage, and a deck/patio with bands playing on the icw over there?

cuda 04-20-2006 09:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ratman
cuda, any good bars with dockage, and a deck/patio with bands playing on the icw over there?

Yes, there are a few. I haven't spent a lot of time on the water there, I've stayed more on the river. Let me know if you're going to bring the Mistress over, and we'll splash one too. I was thinking of riding to Daytona on the bikes today to eat lunch. This area may not be as good for boating as the Tampa Bay area, but it rules for riding bikes. The "Loop" at Tamoka State Park is just beautiful.

JCPERF 04-20-2006 11:46 AM

A lot of drinking in your photos always.Do i sense an alcohol problem? :drink: :drink: :evilb:

WARPARTY36 04-20-2006 12:46 PM

Big Gun, just move to Oklahoma. :rolleyes: I need someone reliable to handle my light work every now and then :drink:

Shorgasm 04-20-2006 04:18 PM

If you want waterfront thien consider a touch south of Daytona.Port Orange/New Smyrna around there..better water..fewer zones..fewer trailer families.North Ormond and Palm Coast is the only other choice.I'm assuming you are into the ICW(river) and not ocean front.If they later then Goooood Luuuuuuck!!...The river is nice...St John's is anothe thought...great area out there and fresh water.

cuda 04-20-2006 04:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is Lake Monroe at Sanford this afternoon. The lake is actually, just a real wide spot in the St John's River. We rode there for lunch today, at Gators on the far south end of the lake.

Mike 35 Fountain 04-20-2006 05:32 PM

Cuda .............you retired now??

Between the posts on here as well as other sites...bike rides..boat rides
when does the work get done? :D