Notices

Daytona Beach Boating

Old 04-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Beach Boating

I am thinking about relocating to Daytona Beach this summer. What is the boating like there? How is the economy in the area? Has construction picked up in the Daytona area as much as down south. What are homes on the intercoastal going for in the area?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Mike
Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: Daytona Beach Boating

This won't help you at all, but I am planning on heading up there from the cocoa beach area pretty frequently. I am new to FL too so I can't help much.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

We're going back for the Daytona Poker Run next month. It was a great run!
Attached Thumbnails Daytona Beach Boating-pokerrun14.jpg   Daytona Beach Boating-pokerrun15.jpg   Daytona Beach Boating-pokerrun17.jpg  

Old 04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

drive down another 325 miles to every boater paradise

jr Mike
Old 04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Banned

That's the only thing I miss about the Tampa Bay area, is the boating. In Daytona, you have the ICW, and the Atlantic Ocean, and that's about it. If you go out into the ocean, the nearest other pass in either direction is about 50 miles. I live 20 miles west of Daytona, on the St John's River.

There is lots of construction going on in Volusia County, if not, it's not far to Orlando, which never quits growing.

I have no idea what houses on the water go for, but I assure you it's more than I can afford.

All and all, I absolutely love it here, I just wished I'd moved here twenty years ago.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

I prefer Daytona boating to S. Florida's endless no wake zones and heavy traffic. I have a 2nd home in Ormond By the Sea (8 miles north of Daytona). The ICW/ Halifax river homes have dropped in price by like 10-15% in the last 4 months. I ran to St Augustine for lunch a few months ago on a beautiful Saturday and passed 3 boats in 40 miles!
Cheapest ICW home in Ormond can be had in the 700's but it will be 40 years old and need a total redo. Construction is busy in the area (new condos, marinas etc). Come for the Poker Run May 12-14 and you will love the area that weekend!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

How is the ICW in that area?

I looked around Ormand, Daytona and all the way up to Palm Coast.

I was thinking about selling in Cape Coral and getting a little further
north. The inlets seem pretty far and few and I don't want to spend
the day idling. Also didn't seem like much else to do?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered

The area around downtown daytona is all no wake zone. South of thier is the inlet with "disappearing island" where people hang out on the sandbar on the weekends. Further south from their you get into several manatee and speed zones.

North of Daytona on the ICW there is a speed limit (30mph? until Ormond?) but it is not enforced and once you get north it is wide open all the way up to St. Augustine. It is a really nice ride, since there are several places in St. Augusting to eat lunch.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAVelocity

North of Daytona on the ICW there is a speed limit (30mph? until Ormond?) but it is not enforced and once you get north it is wide open all the way up to St. Augustine. It is a really nice ride, since there are several places in St. Augusting to eat lunch.
When are we making the run?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BIG GUN....Ive lived in Daytona 20 yrs exactly,originally from long island...and i can say things here are real good.Construction is booming at this point,and boating and biking is the chit to do!Houses are climbing in price but nothing crazy....and its just a good place to raise a family.Ive been over 100mph in this river countless times,never a hassle....

Quick Reply: Daytona Beach Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.