Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Murray I Did It !!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128056-lake-murray-i-did.html)

Too Old 04-20-2006 06:14 PM

Re: Lake Murray I Did It !!!!!!!!!!!

Ya lucky dog. I'm ready to move to the lake myself.

plumbers crack 04-20-2006 06:49 PM

whats lakefront going for these days? $$ Hey Cig, I heard from my buddy manorville school taxes are supposed to go up 30%,same for east islip 27%.Better pack up now,if it keeps going it will be a ghost town,I mean Island!

Phantom1 04-20-2006 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Ya lucky dog. I'm ready to move to the lake myself.

Yeah.....yeah.....yeah.... uh huh.....suuuuuuuuuuuure :D

Phantom1 04-20-2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
whats lakefront going for these days? $$ Hey Cig, I heard from my buddy manorville school taxes are supposed to go up 30%,same for east islip 27%.Better pack up now,if it keeps going it will be a ghost town,I mean Island!

PM me some specifics on what you would be looking for and an e-mail address and I'll pull some stuff from MLS and e-mail it to you. The more specific the better - square footage, price range, age, etc.

Too Old 04-20-2006 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Yeah.....yeah.....yeah.... uh huh.....suuuuuuuuuuuure :D

You'll see....as soon as the planets align, I'm heading down. :D

Or......as soon as I can sell a house and a piece of commercial real estate. ;)

What would keep me in Cheraw??? :eek:

plumbers crack 04-20-2006 09:05 PM

I am builder in SC and would be looking for land only.If a fixer upper is around cheap let me know.I would also be interested in coming up and bringing the boat some weekend.
I have relocated to bluffton 8 months ago with the family,always looking to explore.

Phantom1 04-20-2006 09:11 PM

I am builder in SC and would be looking for land only.If a fixer upper is around cheap let me know.I would also be interested in coming up and bringing the boat some weekend.
I have relocated to bluffton 8 months ago with the family,always looking to explore.

I remember reading that you had moved to Bluffton - I hope that it has worked out well for you. Let us know when you want to head this way.

The fixer uppers don't last long here, but I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

cig1988 04-21-2006 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike 35 Fountain
I have a customer who just went into contract on 3 large tracts of land
in Lake Murray area. They asked me to go there and do all the site/utility
work. I don't know anything about the area, but I know I'm sick of N.J.

I was going to sell everything and just go to Fl. full time, but asked the
wife what she thought and she wanted to look around next trip down to
Fl.

Cig .....what made you go there?

Any other input would be appreciated........btw good luck with you're move
maybe I'll run into you there.

The RE market up here has leveled out & its flooded. Alot of familys are moving down south mainly NC. The Carolina market is still strong because of this. People form Fl are getting tired of the high home owners insurance/hurricans just like up here with high property taxes and energy costs. Murray is downright gorgeuos lake with Columbia close by which has alot to offer.

cig1988 04-21-2006 04:36 AM

On the average about $100K an acre +or- depending on the area. Alot less for non lakefront. My guess is that Long Island will not have a middle class the way things are going. Bought our house here in Miller Place '99 for $149K and taxes were low $5K p/year. House is worth low $400's now with property taxes over $8K p/year. Fuel oil back in '99 was about .60 cents per gallon & cost less than $300 to fill 'er up. Now that up to over $1200. Cost of living increase... NEGATIVE.

Mike 35 Fountain 04-21-2006 11:07 PM

Cig1988........these guys who are purchasing said they call the newcomers
"halfbacks"...they left the north went to Fl and after the storms and rising
costs..........their coming half way back.

I'm going to check it out in a few weeks. I've heard Lake Murray is the
nicest area.