Notices

Get this chit...

Old 04-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Get this chit...

Ted.....I don't pretend to speak for Livorsi, but it's my understanding if you send a Livorsi built "Gaffrig" gauge in for repair, it will be returned with the same gauge face. In that case it would still say Gaffrig.

A complete replacement gauge would either have the Livorsi logo or you could request "no logo."
Old 04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

This fallout is nothing. Thanks for you support. Give me a call in the morning.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Get this chit...

Originally Posted by TRICK
The amount of wrong information tossed around concerning Gaffrig/ Livorsi could fill a small volume of encyclopedias.
allow me to clear thing up, here is the whole story

There is currently a lot of controversy about Gaffrig's expostulations, and I know that any letter on the subject will almost certainly cause someone to bring ugliness and nastiness into our lives. Still, Gaffrig seems to have no trouble sweet-talking misguided, amoral ratbags into helping it make human life negligible and cheap. It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how it claims that its endeavors are Right with a capital R. Well, I beg to differ. Gaffrig should shift for itself. Although others may disagree with that claim, few would dispute that if Gaffrig continues to intensify race hatred, crime will escalate as schools deteriorate, corruption increases, and quality of life plummets. It is certainly the height of ironies that the objection may still be raised that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugs -- or maybe even chocolate. At first glance, this sounds almost believable. Yet the following must be borne in mind: If I were a complete sap, I'd believe Gaffrig's line that the Queen of England heads up the international drug cartel. Unfortunately for it, I realize that Gaffrig is capable of only two things, namely whining and underhanded tricks.

Some poxy hypochondriacs are actually considering helping Gaffrig make us dependent on shambolic, scornful twerps for political representation, economic support, social position, and psychological approval. How quickly such people forget that they were lied to, made fun of, and ridiculed by Gaffrig on numerous occasions. Someone has to be willing to lead Gaffrig out of a dream world and back to hard reality. Even if it's not polite to do so. Even if it hurts a lot of people's feelings. Even if everyone else is pretending that trees cause more pollution than automobiles do. How dare Gaffrig pose a threat to the survival of democracy? We must hold not only Gaffrig, but also Gaffrig's drones, accountable for their ethically bankrupt ideologies. Okay, that's a bit of an overstatement, but for all of you reading this who are not balmy, amateurish headlong-types, you can understand where the motivation for that statement comes from.

Gaffrig labels anyone it doesn't like as "mischievous". That might well be a better description of it. If you'll allow me a minor dysphemism, this is what Gaffrig's cronies try to prevent us from hearing about on radio and television or reading about in popular magazines and large-circulation papers. Or, to phrase that a little more politely, Gaffrig's claim that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders" is not only an attack on the concept of objectivity, but an assault on the human mind. As I've said before, Gaffrig is entirely versipellous. When it's among plebeians, Gaffrig warms the cockles of their hearts by remonstrating against antidisestablishmentarianism. But when Gaffrig's safely surrounded by its thralls, it instructs them to compose paeans to phallocentrism. That type of cunning two-sidedness tells us that Gaffrig sees itself as a postmodern equivalent of Marx's proletariat, revolutionizing the world by wresting it from its oppressors (viz., those who anneal discourse with honesty, clear thinking, and a sense of moral good). Gaffrig's eccentricity is surpassed only by its vanity. And its vanity is surpassed only by its empty theorizing. (Remember its theory that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding?)

Now, lest you jump to the conclusion that Gaffrig's calumnies prevent smallpox, I assure you that I don't see how it can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that Marxism has served as the justification for the butchering, torture, and enslavement of more people than any other "ism". That's why it's Gaffrig's favorite; it makes it easy for it to rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings. In other words, Gaffrig's untoward attempt to construct a creative response to my previous letter was absolutely pitiful. Really, Gaffrig, stringing together a bunch of solecistic insults and seemingly random babble is hardly effective. It simply proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the hour is late indeed. Fortunately, it's not yet too late to detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart its brassbound little schemes. My cause is to embrace diversity. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that we are a nation of prostitutes. By this I mean that as long as we are fat, warm, and dry we don't care what Gaffrig does. It is precisely that lack of caring that explains why conversations with Gaffrig are no more intellectual than a game of darts at the local pub. To cap that off, you shouldn't let Gaffrig intimidate you. You shouldn't let it push you around. We're the ones who are right, not Gaffrig.

As I see it, Gaffrig has been offering careless, postmodernist bottom-feeders (also known as Gaffrig's peons) a lot of money to tell us how to live, what to say, what to think, what to know, and -- most importantly -- what not to know. This is blood money, plain and simple. Anyone thinking of accepting it should realize that Gaffrig's gofers don't represent an ideology. They don't represent a legitimate political group of people. They're just flat callous. I have given this issue a great deal of thought, and I now have a strong conviction that Gaffrig will probably throw another hissy fit if we don't let it kill the messenger and control the message. At least putting up with another Gaffrig hissy fit is easier than convincing Gaffrig's trucklers that it is my job -- and your job, too -- to throw down the gauntlet and challenge Gaffrig's stooges to build a world overflowing with compassion and tolerance. Gaffrig vehemently denies that, of course. But it obviously would, because if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that I enjoy the great diversity of humankind, in our food, our dress, our music, our literature, and our forms of spiritual expression. What I don't enjoy are Gaffrig's incoherent screeds which eliminate those law-enforcement officers who constitute the vital protective bulwark in the fragile balance between anarchy and tyranny. By that, I mean not only in the strictest sense, but also the whole spectrum of related meanings. The only weapons Gaffrig has in its intellectual arsenal are book burning, brainwashing, and intimidation. That's all it has, and it knows it. A final word: Gaffrig is a big fan of vigilante justice.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Tank; Any pics of your work?
These are just a couple I snapped while they were doing the install at Teagues. But Scooter is right, the article is in the March issue of Powerboat.

By the way, I didn't get the monster series. I got the race series.
Attached Thumbnails Get this chit...-img_1907.jpg   Get this chit...-img_1906.jpg   Get this chit...-img_1908.jpg  

Old 04-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hugetime, I see you're a fan of SP's complaint letter generator. Good one!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weither your a fan of Gaffrig or not, after seeing them both in person the Gaffrig Platinuim series is a much more quality looking gauge... They have a nice brushed metal look compared to just painted silver.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Just step up to the plate any buy some Faria guages Jim!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

If it's true that Gaffrig said they were "cheap knock-offs" knowing they were Livorsi guages then that is just slimy. I would have a hard time ever giving Gaffrig any of my money!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Just step up to the plate any buy some Faria guages Jim!
Actually, I have had Faria Gauages in two of my boats and never had a problem with a single gauage!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Livorsi guages are the real deal. They've been making the gaffrigs for an awful long time. Get it straight from the source here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=68072

If Gaffrig said your guages are cheap knock-offs, they should be ashamed. That's just piss poor.

Quick Reply: Get this chit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.