Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle? >

Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle?

Notices

Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle?

I have a 27,000 lb lift now that holds the 38LX. If I buy a 47 Lightning I still have plenty of weight capacity but was wondering about the extra 9 feet in length. Those that have this size boat on a lift do you have the normal bunks that came with the lift or did you do something custom like the Myco boat lift cradle?http://www.mycotrailers.com/liftcrad...6-EBA95DC79AEE

http://www.chicagofountain.com/prode...id=21&catid=3#
I was looking at how this 47 sits on the same kind of lift that I have and it seems like it is not balanced over the lift. It looks like it would want to fall forward off the lift. I know the boat is ass heavy. My poles are spaced farther apart than those are so I am assuming that I would be okay. But I have heard about a boats getting hooks in the hull sitting on the lift if the lift does not support the entire hull. Any thoughts on if this is true or just marketing from the lift company? Myco wants $4500 for the cradle. Thanks Mike
Old 04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered

Default Re: Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle?

DEFINITELY too much boat hanging off the front of that lift... I don't think the boat would ever fall off, but there is still a lot of weight hanging out there. I used to be a Fountain dealer and Reggie used to always preach about supporting the boats properly. (makes me think he knew something others didn't about the boats hooking...) Don't know why you couldn't drop a Myco cradle right on top of that lift though and support at least 2/3rds of the boat. Bill at Myco is a genius with that stuff, you should give him a buzz...
Old 04-22-2006, 01:26 PM
AIC
Registered

I just took delivery of my Myco cradle this week for my twin step Mistress. It really is a great product basically a trailer with out wheels. Mine will be sitting on lift similar to that one.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIC
I just took delivery of my Myco cradle this week for my twin step Mistress. It really is a great product basically a trailer with out wheels. Mine will be sitting on lift similar to that one.
Thanks for the info. Do you how tall it will sit above the beams? Basically the top of bunks now are 1" foot above the beam. The taller it is the less water that will leave me to get the boat off the lift. At extreme low tides my lift will bottom out before my boat floats. So if it is pretty low profile I think I might call them next week about it. Thanks Mike
Old 04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIC
How about a few pics AIC sounds nice.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:14 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

picture in post #5 should answer your question:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...highlight=myco
Old 04-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
picture in post #5 should answer your question:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...highlight=myco
Wow thanks for the link. Pulling the boat up on it do the drives have to be trimmed all the way out so you don't hit the platform? Can't tell from the pictures if it is even close. Is Bill offering any kind of discount for OSO members? Myco's shop is only 30 minutes south of my house. Thanks
Old 04-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Wow thanks for the link. Pulling the boat up on it do the drives have to be trimmed all the way out so you don't hit the platform? Can't tell from the pictures if it is even close. Is Bill offering any kind of discount for OSO members? Myco's shop is only 30 minutes south of my house. Thanks

No they dont, I thought that also, at first. I just dropped it enough to float off, put in reverse and that was it, and same way back on, eased in real, real slow, in case tide changed, got 90% on, jumped out grabbed a rope to front cleat and pulled to the front making sure it looked level on the cradle, hit the up button and that was it. Then I flushed the motors even though its mostly fresh water and pulled the drain plug. Never had a problem. Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle?-xcess-wetness-lift.jpg  

Last edited by Jassman; 04-23-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:45 PM
AIC
Registered

I have low water issues as well with the lift bottoming out before she can float. So I ordered mine without the service platform. I'm going to be using the platform that I currently have which sits on top of the lift's I beams. I'll take some pics this weekend.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy's 47 has a Myco cradle and it is perfect. Fits the steps like a dream and holds the boat perfectly. I does have quite a bit of front overhang, but Fountain seems to think that's okay. There is very little difference with the cradle and the work platform compared to a standard lift with I-beams and bunks.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Myco boat lift cradle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.