Notices

Lake Winnipesawkee

Old 01-15-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lake Winnipesawkee

Can anyone give me some info about the lake and the surrounding area. I'm going to pull to up state NY and run to Thousand Islands and was also thinking of going to Winnipesawkee if it's worth it. Any info would be great. Thanks

Gig
Old 01-15-2002, 11:27 AM
KN
Registered

Hey Gig, it is definately worth the trip, it's a great lake and area. Lots of performance boats, and lots to do in the area. If you come up let me know, I'll show you around the area. Check out this great web site, gives you all the information you need. www.winnipesaukee.com
hope you make it up next summer. If you have any questions or I can help you with anything let me know.

Kirk

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: KN ]
Old 01-15-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

KN
Thanks for the web site. Is that ICE??? Dang, that looks cold. Does it warm up much in the summer? I have two south bells(one 7 the other 9) and they like pretty warm water for swimming. It looks nice and I'm pretty sure I'll be there sometime in late July.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:53 AM
KN
Registered

SeaDated that's ice not much boating here untill spring the water temp is in the 60's early summer but by late July it should be fine. I think somewhere on the website it gives the water temp for every month. Make sure you check out the lake link on the web site all the information you need is on there. Depending on what you like the Gilford side of the lake has more going on. While the other side is more quite.

Kirk
Old 01-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Registered

There are a bunch of OSO members on the St. Lawrence. Post a note when you are going up. There's a lot to keep you entertained.

Ted
Old 01-15-2002, 01:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHAT!! YOU GOING ICE BOATING.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Gig,
I do all of my boating on Lake winnipesaukee. It is very clean and great to boat on. The temp is also very nice in the summer. Highly recommended!
Old 01-15-2002, 01:50 PM
GRH

SeaDated...Lake Winnie is spectacular.... Another choice would be Lake George in upstate New York... Probably could do both lakes if time was available.... There are several guys from Lake George that go to the 1000 island run.... Look for it on the map... either lake is definitely worth the trip from anywhere....I've covered both by water many times & they really are very similar in many ways....

Old 01-15-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

Captain Ted

I'll be up in July. I will post just before I leave with the dates and all. I normaly launch at Sodus Point and make the run from there up the river. I can't remember the name of the place I stayed at last time I was up. It was all new and located just of the main dock for town. That would have been two years ago. I think it had a red roof. The office was up on top of the hill and the resturant was down on the water. Do you know the name?

Also, I'll do some boating on the finger lakes. Probably on Canandaigue and Seneca.

I hope we can hook up while I'm there.

Gig
Old 01-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

GRH
Sounds like a great place. Count me in.

Gig

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesawkee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.