Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This may not be the time or place, but... >

This may not be the time or place, but...

Notices

This may not be the time or place, but...

Old 01-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one I worked on we took a Chevy 400 Turbo and Bellhousing adapter. 8 Inch convertor and Bottle. THe turbo fixed the tranny woes. Serious HP and Fords trans are not a good combination. Forgot to mention we were also using a trans brake.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: DONZIMAN2 ]
Old 01-18-2002, 05:27 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Cool

Hey adv rob........why didn't you just run a Tremec and a centerforce.......that'll work till about 600 or so horse with hard abuse.....hell mine runs about four hundred with no juice.......it's still the old T-5

Sounds like you're doing soemthing wrong....
Old 01-18-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered

I agree with shorgasm! But nevertheless, you can't beat the power you can make with that powertrain combo and still get decent fuel mileage!
I get between 20-24 mpg beatin' back and forth to work (depending on how often ya step in it ) plus you got alot of power too.
Just some simple mods, gears change and exhaust (cat-back) and you're ready for some 13 some second fun!
Old 01-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Cool

What are cats????

Never had any on mine.......
Old 01-19-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

Oh hell yeah I was doing things wrong, Constant sidesteps, always powershifting, good times when you dont care if you break it or not, when I would blow a trans, I would buy a spare from a friend who's dad had a scrap yard, and there were always totaled mustangs coming in, and Me and my friend would pull the trans and swap out tires whenever we needed them, nice cheap way to be a total itiot. This was all in 1990-91 right after I graduated high school. Till I got my liscence taken away with 24 points. oops
Old 01-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Cool

Sit back and try and figure this oneout....

I have recieved 14 citataions in 6 years......that's right 14...not 14 points but 14 tickets.....

Let's see....at a base number of points per ticket...say the lowest for moving violations...3 points...

That would be 42 points...........swear to god and have the citations to prove it...

Now here's the interesting part.....I have never had a suspended license....ever..and at this time I have only 3 points on it....
and this is the DMV's three year record....

If you live in Florida and need advice how to get out of simple moving violations....just ask away....

I've been to traffic school 7 times....and only the four hour course....now remeber you're only allowed once a year and a max of 5 times in your life.......Well guess what there's a trick.....

Now mind you these are just violations like careless driving and failure to obey traffic control devices.......

Remember the ticket experience BEGINS when you get first pulled over.... and be polite.....whatever he says you did wrong YOU DID....Now it's time to handle it...
Old 01-19-2002, 12:39 PM
HydroScream

sounds like you've got some tricks for all the florida boys..... will they work out of state??

Old 01-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

I got all of mine in about a year and a half, the best one was when leaving high school my senior year in my 85 gt that I bought from a friends dad that used it as his drag car and it was built to hell when I got it. On one of the first nice hot spring days when I first got the car all I could think about was getting in my car and driving around, I started the car and a few friends from school were checking out the car as I took off the t-tops, then I pulled out filling the streets with a nice thick later or rubber and white smoke, then at the next light one of my friends pulled up next to me in his jimmy and was revving it up and hopping it, well I didnt notice the cop that pulled up behind me, so I'm revving my motor trying to look cool, and was all decided to show him a real good second gear 4500rpm launch, cuz first gear was useless in this car. Well green light comes and I fully did my best to stroke my own ego for my friends sake. tire smoke till around 60 and sideways the whole time when I slam 3rd, when I hit 3rd I got traction during the shift, and it shot me across two lanes, my cure, fully dump the clutch while floored, sending me sideways now to the other side, I ride out the 3rd gear with full tire spin till the end, and chirp 4th with an "oh man he's gotta be chokeing on all that somke thought, while slamming on the brakes to stop for the next light, and laughing to myself about the whole thing when thru the smoke I see the dreaded, all too framiliar, flashing blue and red lights. oops, I got a big smile on my face, and the cop pulls up, and over the loudspeaker orders me to throw the keys in the street and step out of the vehicle, hands up, interlock my fingers on my head, ect... as three other cop cars come pulling up sirens lights, the whole nine yards, none of them in very good moods. all of this and there's the guy from school, laughing sooo hard he pulled over to watch the rest in a parking lot across the street. The cop comes up to me, cuffs me and says "I hope for your sake you didn't know I was behind you" I laugh, and say I had no idea and tell him the story, and he's not very amused and now I'm in the oh **** mentallity. Wreckless driving, 6 points, spinning tires 4 points, drag racing 6 points and it was not my first offence for drag racing so $500 fine and 6 month suspension of my liscence. and a seatbelt ticket. a nice little 16 point ticket. Then of course the 500 other people pulling out of the parking lot too, beeping yelling, laughing, all as I am cuffed and getting frisked, and put in the back of the car for questioning. I still have people laughing about that to me 12 years later. The good thing was they uncuffed me, and let me drive away with a nice new pile of tickets.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 01-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Registered

Cool

Not sure about out of state laws but Florida has been very good to me.....

Just don't be stingy about paying the fines........I'm sure i have paid someone's bonus......
Old 01-19-2002, 07:14 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you overpay the fine they send you a refund check don't cash it and therefore it can't be posted to your record because it can't be closed with an open balance or credit on file. So if you don't cash the refund check you have an open credit on file forever.

Quick Reply: This may not be the time or place, but...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.