CC Owners

Old 05-16-2006, 06:55 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: CC Owners

Brian,
You didn't hijack the thread. This CC sector is growing.
Any interior pics facing the transom from the console area?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I truley belive that a year from now the CC's will be the most popular boat around. I just bought my first CC and I can tell you out of the 8 boats i've owned, it's the best all around boat period. If someone would come along and do a boat like a Concept, a wider beam with no porpoise, they would sell like hot cakes. And I'm not real big into fishing. I know this guy by the name of Jay, hoping he builds me one like this next year.

Last edited by blingbling; 05-16-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:41 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Re: CC Owners

Hell we get 71 with twin 275 Verados and 25 pitch Rev 4 props on our 32' Glasstream and solid, fast ,stable and dry ride no matter the conditions.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

blingbling I agree! My 38 Fountain is built RIGHT and handles perfect...no porpoise. You can paint it up like a Cig or Fountain if you like. They also make a arch version instead of t-top version also if you like.
Spectre looks like they might be building a nice 34CC and I like the Ocean Hawk 33 CC too. Man, there are tons of builders out there right now building CC's with more flash than fish but you can still fish and dive off them too.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a few - BH
Attached Thumbnails CC Owners-img_5294.jpg   CC Owners-img_5296.jpg  
Old 05-17-2006, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike, are you saying that your Concept would porpoise? If so, when and at what speeds.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered

Hollis, what's those grey things hangin' off the back?

wana, yes it would porpoise in very smooth water. When I trimed it to around 4 right before too much trim and back it down to the perfect trim it would porpoise. As soon as the water got some chop on it no problem at all. The porpoise would be more pronounced the faster the speed but either a little tab (which I never used in this case) or a bump of negitive trim would stop it. I did not consider this a real problem though and is pretty typical of a hull like the Concept and with the balance of the boat.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:55 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Was it a true porpoise or more of a lope or what I calll a "gallop" much like a 35 Cafe racer does in a mild cruise. I thalways was told the "gallop" came from having a pronounced 'rocker" in the hull.
And thought this could be the cause since it was taken from an Apache design.

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 05-17-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Talking Re: CC Owners

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hollis, what's those grey things hangin' off the back?

wana, yes it would porpoise in very smooth water. When I trimed it to around 4 right before too much trim and back it down to the perfect trim it would porpoise. As soon as the water got some chop on it no problem at all. The porpoise would be more pronounced the faster the speed but either a little tab (which I never used in this case) or a bump of negitive trim would stop it. I did not consider this a real problem though and is pretty typical of a hull like the Concept and with the balance of the boat.
Ditto. you would think the weight of twin Verados on a boat that is really not the length it is would have the C of G way off. Seems like it on my Cocept. Tell ya what though, if I didn't have to run some tab to get the porpopise out at wide open throtle, i bet it run 7 mph faster. I was just surprised that a V would porpoise period. It's been a while since i owned a V. Before i had it trucked to Lake Havasu last week, I used it down in the keys a bit. Stopped by the sand bar in Elliot key, saw a CC down their Intrepid(SP), i think or maybe Ocean Hawk. White and yellow with painted white triple 275 Verados, what a beautifull boat. Someone was telling me the wait on a new Intrepid was 2 years. Any truth to that? What the hell do they think those things are Skaters?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Intrepid is the Skater of the CC world. Yes the wait is around 18 months.

Chuck, yeah I gues I would call it a gallop at first but if I did not do something about the gallop it would start to porpoise. All it really took was a bump on the switch for some negitive trim. But then my speed would of course slow down! The CG is way way way back on that boat.

Quick Reply: CC Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.