Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone using Revolution Manifolds? >

Anyone using Revolution Manifolds?

Notices

Anyone using Revolution Manifolds?

Old 06-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone using Revolution Manifolds?

I just put (2)sets of Stainless Marine on my Hustler. I considered Revolution. But, if it's a fuel injected motor, by the time you add all the additional brackets that are additional cost with Revolution, it wasn't as big a $ difference as it would first seem to go to Stainless Marine. Also Stainless Marine has the stainless steel risers vs Revolution with the aluminum elbow.

The Stainless Marine parts are nice quality pieces. Fred at Trick Marine had excellent pricing on the Stainless Marine manifolds.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone using Revolution Manifolds?

Almost all of the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers require a change of powersteering/alternator bracket, including the last pair of Stainless Marine exhaust I recently installed on a Baja Bandit. I am not sure about SMs' efi/serpentine belt bracket, but the polished bracket from Revolution Marine looks kickin.
The Revolution Marine exhaust do indeed run aluminum risers, but if you look at the transition of exhaust flow from the manifold to the riser you notice the largr rectangle opening of the Revolution Marine riser is more "port matched" to the manifold. The other brands with stainless risers go from a square or rectangle opening of the manifold to a much smaller round opening of the riser pipe. Still better than stock cast iron but not exactly a smooth transition where exhaust flow is concerned. While I agree the stainless riser pipes look cool, most of my customers want the performance. Besides, we've sold and installed a number of Revolution Marine manifolds using polished stainless tubing in place of the black exhaust tubing which makes a huge difference in looks.