Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My new Allison Trailer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128515-my-new-allison-trailer.html)

JROMY 04-25-2006 10:06 PM

My new Allison Trailer

Well, I'm headed out to Miami to pick up my new trailer and head back to CT Saturday morning. Wish me luck! Can't wait to see the trailer, and can't wait to put the new boat on it and get back here to CT!! I'll keep everyone posted!

Too Old 04-26-2006 12:05 AM

Re: My new Allison Trailer

Originally Posted by JROMY
Well, I'm headed out to Miami to pick up my new trailer and head back to CT Saturday morning. Wish me luck! Can't wait to see the trailer, and can't wait to put the new boat on it and get back here to CT!! I'll keep everyone posted!

CONGRATS!

DannyD 04-26-2006 12:12 AM

Congrats. Long ride ahead of ya. Bring your cd case.

Sydwayz 04-26-2006 12:32 AM

Seriously, I would look into some weight for that trailer on the way home. That thing is going to bounce like crazy. Ask OldSchool what towing his home was like.

Either that, or sacrifice two tires by removing the rest of the wheels, and leave one axle on the ground with wheels/tires at about 25 lbs. of air pressure; and plan on replacing the tires when you get home.

Check the lug nuts several times. New aluminum rims will swell and contract, and work the lug nuts loose. A laser temp pyrometer is a great investment to keep an eye on hubs and brakes and tires (not that you should worry with all new equipment).

wwwTOPDJcom 04-26-2006 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

A laser temp pyrometer is a great investment to keep an eye on hubs and brakes and tires (not that you should worry with all new equipment).

those laser temps are the bomb

cig1988 04-26-2006 04:02 AM

Ask your salesman if they need any trailers bought back to the N.East. This will add weight and help with expenses. Good luck!

XPRESS 33PP 04-26-2006 07:41 AM

Congats!!! I did that trip 2 weeks ago, from Albany, NY to Pompano and back to pick up my 33. Ride down with the empty trailer sucked! Bounced and felt like there were no brakes. With the boat on it towed great, brakes could put you throw the windshield. Like Sydwayz said keep an eye on the lug nuts they do loosen up when you put the weight on the trailer. Good luck! Hope to see you at Lake George.

Full Throttle 525 04-28-2006 07:48 AM

JROMY picked up the trailer and is on his way to Miami to pick up his Powerplay with twin/ 525's. He said that the trailer manufacturer needs to transport a trailer to NJ. His number is 850-203-9376 and his name is Bill.

Dangerous Dave 04-28-2006 01:53 PM

JROMY,
Congrats on the new boat and trailer. Hope you have a good trip.

JROMY 04-28-2006 08:02 PM

Thanks for the lugnut advice guys - you saved me. I just ran the trailer from Panama City to North Miami to Boca (in one night) and figured I'd take your advice and check the lugnuts, and HOLY CHRISTMAS, they were LOOSE!! Headed for CT tomorrow, and I'll post more. I was a little annoyed running to Panama City to get my trailer, but after receiving it and getting an invoice for a lot less than I was quoted, I'm VERY happy with the trailer.