Notices

My new Allison Trailer

Old 04-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Allison Trailer

Well, I'm headed out to Miami to pick up my new trailer and head back to CT Saturday morning. Wish me luck! Can't wait to see the trailer, and can't wait to put the new boat on it and get back here to CT!! I'll keep everyone posted!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My new Allison Trailer

Originally Posted by JROMY
Well, I'm headed out to Miami to pick up my new trailer and head back to CT Saturday morning. Wish me luck! Can't wait to see the trailer, and can't wait to put the new boat on it and get back here to CT!! I'll keep everyone posted!
CONGRATS!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered

Congrats. Long ride ahead of ya. Bring your cd case.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Seriously, I would look into some weight for that trailer on the way home. That thing is going to bounce like crazy. Ask OldSchool what towing his home was like.

Either that, or sacrifice two tires by removing the rest of the wheels, and leave one axle on the ground with wheels/tires at about 25 lbs. of air pressure; and plan on replacing the tires when you get home.

Check the lug nuts several times. New aluminum rims will swell and contract, and work the lug nuts loose. A laser temp pyrometer is a great investment to keep an eye on hubs and brakes and tires (not that you should worry with all new equipment).
Old 04-26-2006, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

A laser temp pyrometer is a great investment to keep an eye on hubs and brakes and tires (not that you should worry with all new equipment).

those laser temps are the bomb
Old 04-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask your salesman if they need any trailers bought back to the N.East. This will add weight and help with expenses. Good luck!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congats!!! I did that trip 2 weeks ago, from Albany, NY to Pompano and back to pick up my 33. Ride down with the empty trailer sucked! Bounced and felt like there were no brakes. With the boat on it towed great, brakes could put you throw the windshield. Like Sydwayz said keep an eye on the lug nuts they do loosen up when you put the weight on the trailer. Good luck! Hope to see you at Lake George.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JROMY picked up the trailer and is on his way to Miami to pick up his Powerplay with twin/ 525's. He said that the trailer manufacturer needs to transport a trailer to NJ. His number is 850-203-9376 and his name is Bill.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

JROMY,
Congrats on the new boat and trailer. Hope you have a good trip.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the lugnut advice guys - you saved me. I just ran the trailer from Panama City to North Miami to Boca (in one night) and figured I'd take your advice and check the lugnuts, and HOLY CHRISTMAS, they were LOOSE!! Headed for CT tomorrow, and I'll post more. I was a little annoyed running to Panama City to get my trailer, but after receiving it and getting an invoice for a lot less than I was quoted, I'm VERY happy with the trailer.

Quick Reply: My new Allison Trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.