Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Built Trailers for the Best Price (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/1286-best-built-trailers-best-price.html)

jafo 08-02-2001 09:14 PM

Best Built Trailers for the Best Price

There's some good boat buys out there right now, but some I've looked at don't have trailers.
Just curious what you think is a good deal out there on trailers in the 30-32' V-bottom boat range. What features should one look for and works the best; i.e. torsion axle vs. springs, drum vs. disc brakes, surge vs. electric, aluminum vs. steel construction. Who builds the ones over-built like a tank at the best price? Not afraid to spend a little extra for quality! :)
Jim

Hot Duck 08-02-2001 09:26 PM

I have a Myco under a 38 Cigarette and it is awesome. They are expensive, but the trailer is made to fit each application. As far as options, that would depend on how much you want to spend and where it will be used (close to home or far away...salt water or fresh water). My trailer has leaf springs, but I understand that the torsion springs work well too. I have drum brakes (with flush kits), but may change to disc at a later date. I have an aluminum I-Beam trailer under a 28 Pantera and I love it because it is really easy to maintain. Polish it once or twice a year and it shines like chrome. My Myco is painted. It is more maitenance with the washing and waxing, but it looks great too. Overall, I would say to get a trailer that is built for your boat and not just some "erector set" that kinda fits. It may cost a little more at first, but it will pay off in the long run. Talk to the manufacturer about options and basically decide what you want and what you need then go from there. Good luck and happy shopping.

mcollinstn 02-21-2002 11:34 PM

just bought a 10,500#gvw triple axle aluminum trailer for a F311SR1 Formula. Free-backing surge brakes on 2 axles with flush kits. Torsion axles, stainless fasteners, galvanized rims.

Dang nice trailer. Pulls great, stops good. Fits boat perfectly. Has XHD 3000# jack solidly mounted in front of the winch post. 2-speed winch.

$3,600.00 FOB Tampa - Owens & Sons Aluminum Slide-on trailers (www.slide-on.com or www.slideon.com)

mike

birdog 02-22-2002 07:18 AM

If you likk them painted and youre not in alot of salt water Id say Eagle trailers are the slickest ive seen. Perfect match to the boat Lots of bunk suppot,Welded rails{no rattles or bolt tightening} And Perfect paint to match the boat. Not cheap tho

Mack312 02-23-2002 05:26 PM

br is on the money. I have had Eagle trailers 2 out of five times and by far the best. He is last right on the salt water thing.

PS stay away from white. It does NOT hold up!!!!!!!

tanned fat looks better 02-24-2002 09:20 PM

Hey I thought this was read only....huh

cast 03-03-2002 12:19 PM

trailers

:D call soth florida trailers thay have the best trailer in the ih the USA. WWW.SOUTH FLORIDA TRAILER .COM ASK FOR JAY 954-966-0580:D :D :D :D :D :D