Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Update on Historic Race Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128646-update-historic-race-boats.html)

Top Banana 04-27-2006 12:33 PM

Update on Historic Race Boats

3 Attachment(s)
Our first event, the New York City poker run will be held in just a few more weeks. So far we have Barry Cohen with the old Ghost Rider working on engines to get her ready for her first run in quite a few years.

Our own Ron P told me that he will be on board the former Dry Martini....I guess that means that his magazine will be doing some coverage of the event.

The web site was launched....http://historicraceboats.com
with a glitch. Membership is free, but you have to register to get the password. When people registered, it should have automatically given you the password, it didn't...but it is fixed now, so jump on board.

We have members from all over the USA, Europe, Australia, Canada, New Zealand. Looking forward to a lot of great photos coming in.

I just returned from a 2 week trip to Florida where I attended the SBI race and also spent some more time with John Crouse, who once again generously donated another 150 pounds of photos, negatives and slides from the past.

The big job we have now, is to arrange them in some order so finding what you want will be easier. Please be patient, we have massive amounts of material to sort and post.

Ron P 04-27-2006 12:58 PM

Re: Update on Historic Race Boats

1 Attachment(s)
Yup, as long as she's running, we'll be there. And yes, coverage in EBM about the Historic boats.

underpressure 04-27-2006 01:07 PM

We sent you guys some pictures and info on the 1987 41 Apache "Predator" the first day the site was up. If you were at the SBI race you probably saw it. How do we know if you got the info and what do we do next. The next race we will run is Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks

gotime34 04-27-2006 02:16 PM

Are the boats gonna be on display on land like originally planned at the NYC Run???

Top Banana 04-27-2006 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by underpressure
We sent you guys some pictures and info on the 1987 41 Apache "Predator" the first day the site was up. If you were at the SBI race you probably saw it. How do we know if you got the info and what do we do next. The next race we will run is Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks

We are asking the web person to sort through all the photos that have been submitted and put them in some order. Once again we ask patience as we have a lot to go through.

Any members boat photos will be put up on the site first. We are looking at developing a section by boat brand and year.....yours would be under Apache, 1987.

I stopped by your boat and asked for you, but they said you were not due to arrive until later in the day on Saturday. I was with HORBA board member, Bobby Saccenti on the pace boat, which was parked right next to your boat.

underpressure 04-27-2006 02:50 PM

If this is Charlie, sorry I missed you. We all worked at the Marina Saturday and came up that evening to the party. I was with Bobby for quite a while Sunday until we needed to fuel.

Look us up in Ft. Lauderdale and thanks for the info on what is happening. I have some photos from the race if you would like. Not quite sure how to email them to you.

Carl

Top Banana 04-27-2006 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gotime34
Are the boats gonna be on display on land like originally planned at the NYC Run???

If you are asking about the NYC run...then yes, we are planning on having some boats on land for display purposes....which boats remains open as some of the boats hoping to run, may just not have everything done in time.....they will then become available for display purposes.

I hope to find and display some of the old Mercury Team boats that ran so well with outboards like this one.

Top Banana 04-28-2006 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a link to a European website that is trying tosave some of this history.

http://albaco.net/tornado/index.html

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-28-2006 10:50 PM

I posted this 4 days ago in the Racer's Section.

39 views and Zero replies.... :confused:

Maybe it will have a better response here?

For those of you who like the "Older Racing"

You won't be dissappointed!

Old School Offshore Racing Video Link

This one and many more others can be found on the link below:

racesdad 04-28-2006 10:57 PM

still does not work.aaaarggg!
mike stancombe