Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128832-any-impressions-baja-40-outlaw.html)

Ironmanwb 05-03-2006 05:54 PM

Re: Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw?

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
REALLY?????? LOL :D :D :evilb: :drink: I kinda sorta figured .. Just having fun ... ;)

Glad to see some people on here can still have fun without being an azzhole.

By the way I love your avatar.

Ironmanwb 05-03-2006 06:01 PM

Teambaja,

I am hoping to still have the boat but it is up for sale now :( . I really don't want to sell but for the last two years everything for the boat has only been split one way and I simply can't afford it. I own the boat with my brothers but I have been footing the bill so last year we had a discussion about it and they have decided to sell.............That said I don't think it will sell because of the price on the boat and the market right now is flooded with used boats.

I am planning on the Coastal Poker run but I am also going to do RHC's fun run in June. You should come this is a fun time, $100.00 entry and winner take all. We start in sandusky bay, run to PC and hang out at the pool and docks for a while then go the Kellys for the last stop, hang out and draw all the cards there. Last year the pot was like 4000 with only 20 boats so it was worthwhile.

If I don't have a boat for the coastal run do you need a boat b!tch?

Sorry for Hijacking the thread.

TeamSaris 05-03-2006 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
Ed, I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE. I have had the pleasure of owning both a 311 and a 29 Outlaw. The Baja was the better boat; There wasnt one thing on the Baja that wasnt of quality. I ran the boat on Lakes ,the gulf and even to KW and never had an issue with quality. It was on solid boat !! I have owned a Top Gun and a Tiger since that Outlaw and I am still proud to say that I owned the Baja.

Take absolutlely nothing away from Formula at all. A Formula is a Formula, But I feel Baja gets a bum rap from alot of people who dont know alot about there more recent products.

i agree!!!

NJgr8ful 05-03-2006 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
Glad to see some people on here can still have fun without being an azzhole.

By the way I love your avatar.

:cool: :cool: gotta laugh :drink:

Praetorian 05-04-2006 04:52 AM

OSO is great. At the click of a keyboard anyone can tap into a huge wealth of experience and knowledge. Thanks for everyone's comments.

From everything I'm reading and what I've personally experienced, I feel comfortable including the 40 Outlaw among my top candidates for the next boat. At this point in my life, cost is still a factor (this %^# lottery thing is not paying off at all) so I'm going to have to make a decision based on a combination of factors including price, and what is available on the market. I do have one advantage. I can afford to sit and wait and not do anything until the right conditions present themselves. Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying my 312!

Of my top 3 candidates (40 Outlaw, Formula 382 and Cig Top Gun), all will handle well in rough water. For me, the Baja has the best layout (except I don't like the shifters being separate from the throttles, but I can get used to it). The Formula has comfortable, elegant styling and great amenities. And the Top Gun has super build quality, great looks and the Cig reputation.

Life would be simpler if I didn't enjoy this hobby so much. But then I would probably be bored out of my skull.

TEAMBAJA 10-01-2006 10:31 AM

Sooooooo, several months later......................have you decided on a boat yet? :D

Tricky919 10-01-2006 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
The Honda wont leak oil though and ruin the garage floor! :evilb:

Yeah, but with the Harley, when it stops leaking you know it's time to add oil.......