Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Desert Storm poker run jerk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128900-desert-storm-poker-run-jerk.html)

satisfactionII 05-01-2006 07:55 PM

Re: Desert Storm poker run jerk

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I had a fairly well known member on OSO pop off to me in Key West about not having any extra fenders for HIM to raft up. :rolleyes: My crew and I laughed hysterically, and promptly told him where he could go, and it wasn't West Marine.

Always a good way to handle morons and azz hats. :D

Panic Button 05-01-2006 08:10 PM

Cool swim step, is he licensed to use the Cig logo? Noticed in his picture that there is a #1 being cnc'ed.

Ted G 05-01-2006 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That's not cool Dan!!! If you're gonna leave your sand spike for others to use....make sure you leave them some beer in a cooler with ice too! WTF were you thinking! :D :D

That situation blows...........sorry for the bummer! Here's a PIC!!! :evilb: :evilb:

Man that dude with the Cig has got a nice set up, tent, sand spike, he comes prepared :D :D

Panther 05-01-2006 08:25 PM

Don't ge me wrong, what he did was definetely wrong. But, why didn't you make a fuss while you were there and confront him head on. I would have made him move it and would have yelled to someone on the beach to have someone find him...

About 5 years ago I put my boat in the water for the weekend. I put all my dock lines on the pilings so when I went out and came back it would be easy to tie up. Well, we went out for a ride and come back and some dude is in my slip. I was fit to be tied and started yelling like heck, it was right in the middle of our annual marina party to boot. I started yelling to people to have them get me the owner of the marina. He came down to my boat, calmed me down and got me some new dock lines.

Fast forward a couple years later. I find out the guy was a Middletown Cop who is a friend of my sister's BF. We don't ever speak about the incident but we're friends now.

X-Rated30 05-01-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Don't ge me wrong, what he did was definetely wrong. But, why didn't you make a fuss while you were there and confront him head on. I would have made him move it and would have yelled to someone on the beach to have someone find him...

... We don't ever speak about the incident but we're friends now.

I think you might be on to something here. I think I would have just nicely asked the guy to move.

Being nice people is what we pride ourselves on around here. Two wrongs don't make a right, and coming on here trashing the guy doesn't do much for anyone. If anything, it makes me wonder what he is posting on his favorite internet board.

PhantomChaos 05-01-2006 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I think you might be on to something here. I think I would have just nicely asked the guy to move.

Being nice people is what we pride ourselves on around here. Two wrongs don't make a right, and coming on here trashing the guy doesn't do much for anyone. If anything, it makes me wonder what he is posting on his favorite internet board.

The guy was nowhere to be found.........and you can't just yell to someone onshore. I doubt they would have heard. We took care of him for Dan anyway..... :D :D :D :D

http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/foru...vanacident.jpg

open87 05-01-2006 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I proceeded to explain to him about health insurance needs.

:D:D
LMAO!!!!

RedDog382 05-01-2006 09:14 PM

Damn Nort,

Why did you have to cut out the best part of that photo (#59)? :D

Audiofn 05-01-2006 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Damn Nort,

Why did you have to cut out the best part of that photo (#59)? :D

Cuz he is embarased that he had a chick on board!!! :eek: :eek: :p :p :drink: :drink:

MitchStellin 05-01-2006 09:27 PM

I thought for sure you were going to say he stole it. In any case he was wrong, and I would have been very polite but stern in my response to this, I would ask that the boat be moved, tie up, spend some time, then tell people on both sides to not let my slip out, just because they were dealers, it's not their stuff anyway, a boat owner would have said no, they would understand the fact if there is a spike there it is a taken spot, like lines in a slip, it there are lines you stay out...period. The dock attendant is responsible for moving that boat...right now because he was on watch and should know his boats. I have been boating for 40 years, for hundreds of sailing miles per season and avg 100 hrs on a power boat now. The crap I see is only second to the crap I see on the road, in fact have gone up to idiot boaters who were at the launch just talking to the guy next to him with no regard for the 20 boats milling around in the bay and said "you must be the same idiot who comes to a complete stop at a turn, like some baby girl" I really have lost all patience with people who do not think, I give them about 3 seconds to figure it out or I call them on it....just like a 4 way stop, I let 2 sec go and then I go, even if the last person to go was in front of me. :D :D