Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Desert Storm poker run jerk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128900-desert-storm-poker-run-jerk.html)

LakeRacer 05-01-2006 10:19 PM

Re: Desert Storm poker run jerk

Originally Posted by h20 toie
I just talked to him and he said he asked the guys at extreme boats and they said it was ok for him to tie up.

I don't know exactly what was said to the Extreme Boat Magazine guys but my guess is he asked them if it was ok to tie up and pointing in the general direction. The EB guys probably figured there was an open spot and said yeah no problem and didn't give it any more thought than that.

X-Rated30 05-01-2006 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Damn Nort,

Why did you have to cut out the best part of that photo (#59)? :D

You mean the 5-head wasn't the best part? :rolleyes:

:drink: :drink: :drink:

bonecrusher 05-01-2006 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
Some people just don't care. I went to the Nautical Inn on tuesday to make sure that I had a good spot for the terrible skater. On wednesday A guy parked a older smaller skater on my port side, that night the lake raised up about two feet and his boat got loose and spent the night rubbing its stainless rub rail on TAOD's nice paint job. The next day the owner never came over to say one word and I kept my mouth shut until the end of the same day when one of his friends tried to move a boat within six inches of the terrible. I proceeded to explain to him about health insurance needs. bottom line is the guy was a boat dealer and never said he was sorry or anything. Other than that and loosing one blade of a 5 blade herring on the way to load the boat up, the week was great. The eye candy at the turtle is second to none. Better than shooters.

That sucks! Sorry to hear I didn't know that happened, I even talked to the guys they seemed OK, I am suprised they didn't even put out bumpers when they parked so close next to you? Why not I ask? I even moved my 36' Spectre over a couple spots so you could park your other Skater next to the Terrible, thats uncool not even a sorry or anything. Thats the bad thing of having nice stuff others just don't care. I also had many people trying to park in our spot all weekend even with a ez up, spike, kids toys and chairs, maybe they thought we just brought all of our stuff for their use, so kind of us. It's amazing how idiotic some boaters can be. Hopefully all of those guys will read these posts and think a little next year before taking other peoples ezups/spots/spikes, it would be like going camping and taking a spot someone else already set camp in because thier azz could not get there earlier for thier own spot!!!! This only happens in AMERICA!! :evilb:

masher44 05-01-2006 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Don't ge me wrong, what he did was definetely wrong. But, why didn't you make a fuss while you were there and confront him head on. .

things are just different out West and in the South.... Can you imagine if he did that in Jersey? :eek: DC would have de-rigged his boat with a Stihl :cool:

bgchuby01 05-02-2006 01:46 AM

Its Arizona, the mexicans could not figure out a way to put the skater up on blocks.

mr_velocity 05-02-2006 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
Don't ge me wrong, what he did was definetely wrong. But, why didn't you make a fuss while you were there and confront him head on. I would have made him move it and would have yelled to someone on the beach to have someone find him...

About 5 years ago I put my boat in the water for the weekend. I put all my dock lines on the pilings so when I went out and came back it would be easy to tie up. Well, we went out for a ride and come back and some dude is in my slip. I was fit to be tied and started yelling like heck, it was right in the middle of our annual marina party to boot. I started yelling to people to have them get me the owner of the marina. He came down to my boat, calmed me down and got me some new dock lines.

Fast forward a couple years later. I find out the guy was a Middletown Cop who is a friend of my sister's BF. We don't ever speak about the incident but we're friends now.

Dock lines??? Now they just steal parts off your boat lift every winter :mad:

Strip Poker 388 05-02-2006 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos

Hey Nort those bolsters sure look extra tall :rolleyes: :drink: :drink:

Panther 05-02-2006 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by masher44
things are just different out West and in the South.... Can you imagine if he did that in Jersey? :eek: DC would have de-rigged his boat with a Stihl :cool:

Some "words" would have been said, there's no doubt! :drink:

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Dock lines??? Now they just steal parts off your boat lift every winter :mad:

I forgot to tell you, I found the guide pole. I was able to hook it off the bottom with a fish gaff. I guess it a did actually fall off over the winter. :rolleyes:

bgchuby01 05-02-2006 08:29 AM

The bolsters are normal height, Norts just small everywhere

Sydwayz 05-02-2006 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
The bolsters are normal height, Norts just small everywhere

Now that's funny! :evilb: :D :drink:
I don't think Nort is ever going to 'outgrow' that joke.