Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Desert Storm poker run jerk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128900-desert-storm-poker-run-jerk.html)

Joe 05-02-2006 08:50 AM

Re: Desert Storm poker run jerk

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I think you might be on to something here. I think I would have just nicely asked the guy to move.

Being nice people is what we pride ourselves on around here. Two wrongs don't make a right, and coming on here trashing the guy doesn't do much for anyone. If anything, it makes me wonder what he is posting on his favorite internet board.

Agree....

Strip Poker 388 05-02-2006 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
The bolsters are normal height, Norts just small everywhere

Everywhere :eek: TMI :drink:

bgchuby01 05-02-2006 09:55 AM

Who loves ya baby

mr_velocity 05-02-2006 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
Some "words" would have been said, there's no doubt! :drink:

No doubt Dee would have been doing the talking for you pinky :D

Originally Posted by Panther
I forgot to tell you, I found the guide pole. I was able to hook it off the bottom with a fish gaff. I guess it a did actually fall off over the winter. :rolleyes:

Better have JC come down and re-torque all the bolts on your motors and drives if parts are falling off the lift in the winter :D

H20 Toie 05-02-2006 10:24 AM

I think you might be on to something here. I think I would have just nicely asked the guy to move.

Being nice people is what we pride ourselves on around here. Two wrongs don't make a right, and coming on here trashing the guy doesn't do much for anyone. If anything, it makes me wonder what he is posting on his favorite internet board.

Since i did try and find him and checked with the hotel to see if he was a quest it made it a little difficult to nicely ask him to move. Sorry but i thought i was being "nice" by not unhooking my rope and taking my sandspike and letting his boat hit someone elses.

And coming on here and as you say trashing the guy did do good since i was able to get his number and express my displeasure with him. Maybe next time he will think twice about using other peoples stuff.

I am over it. i had a good weekend and a great time i met some real cool people so it was all good.

fund razor 05-02-2006 11:23 AM

I thought that we prided ourselves on being able to hold our liquor. Which is it?

Just kidding.

But in seriousness... I don't think that the thread was out of line. In the end we could get a new member... and there is a really good chance that people will start being more considerate of each other out there if they know that we are rarely operating anonymously.

Kevin is probably not a totally horrible person... in the end he will probably modify his behaviour at these kinds of events due to the negative reinforcement he got from being a jerk and being called on it.

I think that H20 did the right thing by respecting Kevin's property at the time despite his frustration and just checking into Kevin after the fact.
I can only assume that because H20 was able to find him later and express his displeasure that there won't be an encore.

I see this as a case in which peer pressure can influence a change in bad habits.

X-Rated30 05-02-2006 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Since i did try and find him and checked with the hotel to see if he was a quest it made it a little difficult to nicely ask him to move. Sorry but i thought i was being "nice" by not unhooking my rope and taking my sandspike and letting his boat hit someone elses.

And coming on here and as you say trashing the guy did do good since i was able to get his number and express my displeasure with him. Maybe next time he will think twice about using other peoples stuff.

I am over it. i had a good weekend and a great time i met some real cool people so it was all good.

Don't worry, I am really not trying to jump your sh!t. What's done is done. Rather, I am hoping that maybe the next guy will be a little nicer -- Not because the guy didn't deserve an azz chewing, but because yelling and b!tching and untying people's boats makes us look just as bad as the people we are b!tching about.

Just my $.02. :cool:

NetGain 05-02-2006 11:51 AM

Rude is rude. Plain and simple. I keep telling my boy I hope he sees the Bright White Light soon so he will stop being an A**hole. Problem is, some people have never seen it.

As for the guy with the Cig, he didn't even own it when called out on the phone by a buddy. Money says, he'd do it again.

Best I ever heard was when I asked DNR about a mooring bouy, and he said it would be fine, but he knew some of the neighbors in that area and Fiberglass Worms may be an issue. He said they bore big holes right through and you sink quick, almost like a drill. I got the message.

masher44 05-02-2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by NetGain
Fiberglass Worms .... I got the message.

:evilb:

Strip Poker 388 05-02-2006 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by NetGain
Rude is rude. Plain and simple. I keep telling my boy I hope he sees the Bright White Light soon so he will stop being an A**hole. Problem is, some people have never seen it.

As for the guy with the Cig, he didn't even own it when called out on the phone by a buddy. Money says, he'd do it again.

Best I ever heard was when I asked DNR about a mooring bouy, and he said it would be fine, but he knew some of the neighbors in that area and Fiberglass Worms may be an issue. He said they bore big holes right through and you sink quick, almost like a drill. I got the message.

You have to watch those mysterious Monkeys that eat drain plugs.Those worms cant hold there breath very long and dont like water :D