Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   No boat for me this year! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128938-no-boat-me-year.html)

crb76 05-01-2006 07:31 PM

Re: No boat for me this year!

Good Luck! I wouldn't trade self employment for the world. I love waking up every morning unemployeed:)

cosmic12 05-01-2006 07:57 PM

good luck man, it will be worth it! :cool: I gave up boats 7 years ago to start myself. got nmy first new,new boat a month ago. tke your time and enjoy freedom :D

CMG 05-01-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
.....................The thing that was going to afford me the purchase is the same thing that's keeping me from it. Last year I started a home based design/drafting business providing services to cast stone manufacturers. I am a structural engineer in my regular day job. ..........Sorry if this isn't considered boating related! Move it if need be!

Want to buy an Oce plotter?? :D

Griff 05-01-2006 09:41 PM

Randy, good luck with the new venture. Opportunity doesn't often knock twice. Sounds like you're doing so well, that you'll be able to get more boat than you ever thought you would sometime in the not so distant future.

BTW, I'm definately keeping my 28 for at least this season.

dykstra 05-01-2006 10:13 PM

good luck to ya

jayhawk261 05-01-2006 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Griff
Randy, good luck with the new venture. Opportunity doesn't often knock twice. Sounds like you're doing so well, that you'll be able to get more boat than you ever thought you would sometime in the not so distant future.

BTW, I'm definately keeping my 28 for at least this season.

Hey Griff! I figured you probably were. You know you're gonna be buried in that thing!

I just had to do it. It looks like the future will be quite bright. I was thinking that if I played everything right, I might be able to put a down payment on a Y2K30 in the fall. I better not get ahead of myself though!

jayhawk261 05-01-2006 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
Want to buy an Oce plotter?? :D

I think any Oce is out of my price range, even a used one. I'm actually in the market for a new HP 800. Unless of course the Oce is at stupid pricing! :D

StraightJacket 05-02-2006 01:33 PM

Randy good luck, we might not be in this year . We are having basicly a new hull made from the old, we were right about the stringers , and bulkheads. Still plannig on LOTO tho even if I have to bring a back up to tool around on.

jayhawk261 05-02-2006 02:17 PM

Hey Brian! I figured that would need to be addressed sooner or later. Still, that thing has some amazing speed! I never did get to go for a spin. You guys are going to have to make that happen for me this year if you git-r-done. I hope you're able to get it goin.