Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Opinion - What Car Would You Choose (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128997-need-opinion-what-car-would-you-choose.html)

Maximus_45 05-03-2006 03:09 AM

Re: Need Opinion - What Car Would You Choose

Originally Posted by ratman
bingo...everyones dreamcar

I was going to put a Ferrari up there also but the F430 is around 240k. I dont want to put a used 360 out there becuase I want the person to win a brand new car. Maybe eventually there will be absolute dream cars including a Porsche Carrera GT :evilb: or something of that sort.

Maximus_45 05-03-2006 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by rainmn
The bigger question here, now that I know it's a giveaway, is how do I win it? :D

I don't want to give away everything about the business yet but what I can tell you is that with every month that someone signs up, he or she will get 1 chance to win the car. The winner will be able to choose from a selection of cars. I appreciate the OSO members' feedback and what cars they would like the most because it will help the company create more of a buzz when the contest starts. And for the help I will take care of the OSO members who helped out with some free month subscriptions. The website should be built around mid summer and hopefully I can start this give a way contest in the fall.
Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

Formula Outlaw 05-03-2006 06:56 AM

I'd take a pristine numbers matching 1967 427/435 Corvette, Red over Black, and watch the value just climb, climb, and climb.......:D

Pantera1 05-03-2006 09:25 AM

Ford GT40

LostinBoston 05-03-2006 10:17 AM

On the list, aston martin i hate fords but the lambo looks like a toy
off the list
New ZO6
used ferrari 575 or 460

rainmn 05-03-2006 10:58 AM

Lots of cool cars suggested, but keep in mind the purpose - a giveaway to attract attention to a company / product / service. That makes any used car, except maybe for a classic, a bad choice. Just think of how that would look in print: "Win this slightly used Ferrari "
IMO, the only choice is the Lambo. In many people's minds, it's the ultimate exotic, regardless of whether or not that's true. (I for one, don't agree.)

Pantera1 05-03-2006 11:28 AM

Im not a huge ford fan either but read the reviews , tests on the GT 40, its a monster

Maximus_45 05-03-2006 12:47 PM

I think I will add the GT40 in with the other cars also. Ferrari is out since they are too much and the slightly used ferrari is way out of the question. No classic cars because not everyone would rather have a classic car over a new car. Also, if I put a classic car in there that was around 100k, I assume that someone will still choose the 180k car, sell it, but the classic, and still have around 80k to add to his wallet.

Spicy 05-03-2006 01:02 PM

Lambo for sportscar and Bentley to cruise, tough choice..... Lambo it is!!!!!!

Maximus_45 05-03-2006 08:59 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions. I update the car list.

Lamborghini Gallardo
Bentley Continental GT
Aston Martin DB9
Porsche 911 Turbo
Ford GT40

changed the aston martin from vantage to DB9.
and added the porsche and ford.

Thanks for the suggestions and if you have anymore keep em comin