Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What are the best power steering pumps? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129202-what-best-power-steering-pumps.html)

LubeJobs42 05-03-2006 09:45 PM

What are the best power steering pumps?

What are the best power steering pumps out there? I want to put one on my 2nd motor. Who has them?

JCPERF 05-03-2006 09:46 PM

Re: What are the best power steering pumps?

The small KRC pumps are the best

f311fr1 05-03-2006 09:46 PM

I like the smaal pumps like KE sells. Joe Murray

LubeJobs42 05-03-2006 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
The small KRC pumps are the best

Hi Jeff, who sells them?

JCPERF 05-03-2006 09:48 PM

www.totalcontrolproducts.com/krc.html

JCPERF 05-03-2006 09:50 PM

Hardin sells the crossover to mount that pump

44MTI 05-03-2006 09:54 PM

I have the KRC pumps on my boat that I just took the Merc. off of. I would not recommend the krc. They work ok if you have both motors and pumps running. they also look very cool. However, they don't work very well with only one pump going. They merc work great with just one. In fact most boat only run one Merc. I was told this by Gary Stray before I switched them and he was correct.

LubeJobs42 05-03-2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I have the KRC pumps on my boat that I just took the Merc. off of. I would not recommend the krc. They work ok if you have both motors and pumps running. they also look very cool. However, they don't work very well with only one pump going. They merc work great with just one. In fact most boat only run one Merc. I was told this by Gary Stray before I switched them and he was correct.

Hey, you guys are supposed to learn from my mistakes!!! Thank you! I buy more junk, try it and take it off. So do you think I should get a merc pump?

LubeJobs42 05-03-2006 10:21 PM

Are you putting the Merc back on? If not do you want to sell it?

customryder 05-04-2006 08:17 AM

did you drill the opening out?