Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bill Hionas/ National Marine Question....... >

Bill Hionas/ National Marine Question.......

Notices

Bill Hionas/ National Marine Question.......

Old 05-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Bill Hionas/ National Marine Question.......

When I bought(sort of) from National, I paid over 10k in sales tax. Obviously this never got to the state and the scumbag was raking in millions. Why have the Feds not been on him for Income Tax evasion?

I just don't understand how this is all playing out in Ohio on a very small and weak stage. He has been free for over 18 months since they crashed and burned and there does not seem to be a time frame for that to change !!

Any thougts from our smarter-than-me members?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bill Hionas/ National Marine Question.......

Old Bill stuck me for about 30K on two bad engines - Blwe one up within 20 minutes of the maiden voyage - had a warrenty in writing and he did not honor it. He is a scumbag alright and I think he should be in jail after stealing from the state, the feds and his customers. He comes from money and his DADDY is bailing him out all the way

I still managed to come away with my tradin as I took it back from him as a verbal settlement - I WAS REALLY LUCKY THANKS TO someone over at Gellner who warned me that they where going down.

Lucky dude

PS - This might be a great thread for some really interesting ripp-off stories
Old 05-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Registered

Do you want to sell that "empty trailer"?

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
When I bought(sort of) from National, I paid over 10k in sales tax. Obviously this never got to the state and the scumbag was raking in millions. Why have the Feds not been on him for Income Tax evasion?

I just don't understand how this is all playing out in Ohio on a very small and weak stage. He has been free for over 18 months since they crashed and burned and there does not seem to be a time frame for that to change !!

Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CASH BAR

That's a good question and I've wondered that myself. The rest of us can't even make a sales tax deposit a few days late without receiving a threatening letter and huge fines.

Most states have laws like this on their books.......

State law designates collected retail sales tax as funds held in trust for the state. Any person who controls trust funds for a corporation and willfully fails to turn those funds over to the state can be held personally liable.

Who is liable?
Any number of people in a corporation may be held liable. This includes any person responsible for unpaid collected retail sales tax, the person authorizing payment of other liabilities before payment of the taxes or any corporate officer or director who willfully pays or directs others to pay other obligations before remitting the retail sales tax.

What establishes the liability?
To establish personal liability, the following requirements must be met:

The liability to pay the tax must be the corporation's.
The corporation must be terminated, be abandoned or dissolved.
The person willfully failed to pay or directed someone else to not pay the collected retail sales tax.
The person either:

A. Had control or supervision over collected retail sales tax, or
B. Was responsible for reporting or remitting the retail sales tax.
C.No reasonable means of collection from the corporation is available

What this means is that SOMEONE is going to be responsible for these collected funds even if the corporation goes bankrupt or ceases to exsist. The states I've done business in are very aggressive when it comes to collection of trust money.

Last edited by TRICK; 05-04-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Beacause our laws suck. If we had harsher penalties, we would have less crime. It really is that simple. It amazes me that you can kill someone in this country and serve a 30 yr sentence and get out in 10-15yrs with good behavior.

People like Bill Hionas just need one thing......a bullet right in the middle of their skull.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People like Bill Hionas just need one thing......a bullet right in the middle of their skull.

i like how you think, an eye for an eye..... ooooooohhhhhh rahhhhhhhh...
Old 05-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Registered

Same reason Rod Dash is out walking around, happy as a lark. All he got was community service and a slap on the wrist.....and told to pay everyone "YEAH RIGHT" ...fat chance of him paying anyone any of the money he owes.

Seems the courts are for the dishonest and screw the honest person
Old 05-05-2006, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Beacause our laws suck. If we had harsher penalties, we would have less crime. It really is that simple. It amazes me that you can kill someone in this country and serve a 30 yr sentence and get out in 10-15yrs with good behavior.

Here is an interesting idea ....

Instead of getting off for good behavior
How about serving MORE TIME for bad behavior
Old 05-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by enticer
Same reason Rod Dash is out walking around, happy as a lark. All he got was community service and a slap on the wrist.....and told to pay everyone "YEAH RIGHT" ...fat chance of him paying anyone any of the money he owes.

Seems the courts are for the dishonest and screw the honest person
I never liked Rod much. Seemed slippery, glad I didn't do business there.

I can't understand how these guys are walking straight up still.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Rod Dash as a good guy. Damned near did business with him but instead did business with National. I guess I would have gotten screwed either way. Greg, If you get any info on the sales tax, let me know. He got me for over $16k on that alone

Bob

Quick Reply: Bill Hionas/ National Marine Question.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.