Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   DROWNING: PLEASE watch your kids on the water (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129415-drowning-please-watch-your-kids-water.html)

fund razor 05-10-2006 08:49 AM

Re: DROWNING: PLEASE watch your kids on the water

Blah blah whatever Panera.

You posted "darwinism."

We all know what you meant.

You are what is wrong with OSO.

Why they haven't already banned you I don't know.

You contribute nothing to this forum except bad karma.

Airpacker 05-10-2006 08:49 AM

Fund and Pantera, this is not the place for your bickering BS!. Take it elsewhere please. A little girl died. How about showing some decency and respect? Please delete your comments towards each other as they DO NOT belong in this thread.

I cannot imagine tthe horror of losing a child. I have seen strong people devastated by this type of thing and I know it would do the same to me. I NEVER let my daughter near water without a boat coat unless I am right with her. She is not even allowed to sit on the dock or in the boat without one on. She can remove it at the beach BUT only with me or mom by her side for this very reason.

I feel terrible for the girl's parents and offer my condolences. No child deserves to die.

Wardey 05-10-2006 09:12 AM

I'm with you, Air. This is a terrible tragidy and I can only imagine how the families feel. God Bless. :( Dave

Pantera1 05-10-2006 09:16 AM

I appolagize for getting off track but I did not like what I was reading , it was looking like the blame game to me. My condolences to all involved..

fund razor 05-10-2006 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Fund and Pantera, this is not the place for your bickering BS!. Take it elsewhere please. A little girl died. How about showing some decency and respect? Please delete your comments towards each other as they DO NOT belong in this thread.

My only concern was defending the family against the implication that "darwinism" was involved.

If my post was out of line, report it to a moderator.

t500hps 05-14-2006 07:43 PM

UPDATE...sort of:
I took my kids camping with the "Indian Guides" (father/son thing with the YMCA) for the weekend and "re-lived" last Sat when we tried to save that little girl.

This morning I watched a couple put a 3 yr old and a 6 MONTH old in a 12 ft jon boat on a large pond. I stopped the lady before she got in and told her "I spent last Sat helping pull a little girl off the bottom of the river and that she didn't survive. Don't you think those kids should have life jackets on". She said they had them in the boat and proceeded to shove away from the dock (kids weren't in the jackets yet). After putting them on, no more than 30 seconds went by and the kids started screaming so she took them off! Several people on shore commended me for saying what they were thinking too but obviously it didn't matter to this mother. What is with people!!!! .........
(many more thoughts are running through my head, but they keep coming up as giberish when I try to type them)