Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Carpet color? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12984-carpet-color.html)

kook 01-19-2002 12:28 PM

Carpet color?

Looking to possibly change the color of my interior carpet - under the gunwales and the removable piece on the floor. Current color is like a wine colored red. Boat is mostly white, with some yellow, red, and black graphics, though not too bold.

I'm not interested in red, and black gets too hot, so what does that leave? White? Looking for something neutral, but don't want it to look "wrong" with the (mostly) white vinyl in the cockpit.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: kook ]

Ted G 01-19-2002 12:36 PM

Sand or tan might work, but the primary colors in your graphics make it tough.

Indy 01-19-2002 12:39 PM

We currently have a light/medium grey carpet in our boat. It does not get too hot when baking in the sun and also does well hiding any soil/wear marks. Our graphics are purple and yellow, but the neutrality of the grey makes it go with almost anything. Steve

Advantage_Rob 01-19-2002 12:42 PM

I've got a neutral grey with an all white leather cabin, and it's nice like that, and pretty easy to keep clean. I've got a pretty wild graphics schems of orange yellow green aqua and purple on a white hull and nobody ever had any negative comments about the grey, It's a nice clean look.

Smitty 01-19-2002 01:09 PM

Go with a medium grey. It hides the dirt well and doesn't get too hot in the sun and goes good with almost all colors.

fermin 01-19-2002 02:24 PM

Throw a purple stripe on the side and add some purple carpet, purple/yellow combo always looks good. Can't go wrong with purple on a boat. Gray is too dngy looking.

Purple will wake it up.

joey

BAJA WILL 01-20-2002 12:20 PM

I second the purple, I have purple in mine. Not too hot and does not show dirt, plus it looks cool. :p

kook 01-20-2002 12:29 PM

Purple is a no-go with the yellow, red, and black - do not want to add additional graphics to the boat, just to get the interior color of choice.

I'll look into the med gray.

thanks,

Mark

CFD12 01-20-2002 08:51 PM

Kook,

I have nasty old grey carpet under the gunwales of my agressor. I am tearing it out and having white Rhino lining blown in. I think it will give a more finished appearance and I will not have to reach up in there to clean it. I know that those linings are not the most perfect thing but not much of it shows. I have the grey snap in carpet in the cockpit.

flylevel 01-20-2002 10:20 PM

CFD12 ;
Are You having Rhino Lining spray in your cockpit area, then you are installing a piece of snap in carpet? I would like to see pictures of this when you are done . Not a bad idea. Have they done this in a boat before? Is it the same as their bed liners?