If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpet color?

Question Carpet color?

Looking to possibly change the color of my interior carpet - under the gunwales and the removable piece on the floor. Current color is like a wine colored red. Boat is mostly white, with some yellow, red, and black graphics, though not too bold.

I'm not interested in red, and black gets too hot, so what does that leave? White? Looking for something neutral, but don't want it to look "wrong" with the (mostly) white vinyl in the cockpit.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: kook ]

Charter Member Charter Member Ted G's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
    Edgerock Baby!!

Sand or tan might work, but the primary colors in your graphics make it tough.
    Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound

We currently have a light/medium grey carpet in our boat. It does not get too hot when baking in the sun and also does well hiding any soil/wear marks. Our graphics are purple and yellow, but the neutrality of the grey makes it go with almost anything. Steve

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan

I've got a neutral grey with an all white leather cabin, and it's nice like that, and pretty easy to keep clean. I've got a pretty wild graphics schems of orange yellow green aqua and purple on a white hull and nobody ever had any negative comments about the grey, It's a nice clean look.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Smitty's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Baja 36 Outlaw
    Hawthorn Woods IL

Go with a medium grey. It hides the dirt well and doesn't get too hot in the sun and goes good with almost all colors.
    Want your ECU tuned right?? Call Mark at Precision

Throw a purple stripe on the side and add some purple carpet, purple/yellow combo always looks good. Can't go wrong with purple on a boat. Gray is too dngy looking.

Purple will wake it up.

My Boats:
    Don't even mention the word boat
    Tampa, Indian Shores Beach

I second the purple, I have purple in mine. Not too hot and does not show dirt, plus it looks cool.

Purple is a no-go with the yellow, red, and black - do not want to add additional graphics to the boat, just to get the interior color of choice.

I'll look into the med gray.

I have nasty old grey carpet under the gunwales of my agressor. I am tearing it out and having white Rhino lining blown in. I think it will give a more finished appearance and I will not have to reach up in there to clean it. I know that those linings are not the most perfect thing but not much of it shows. I have the grey snap in carpet in the cockpit.

CFD12 ;
    Are You having Rhino Lining spray in your cockpit area, then you are installing a piece of snap in carpet? I would like to see pictures of this when you are done . Not a bad idea. Have they done this in a boat before? Is it the same as their bed liners?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast