Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody familiar with Crystal Lake near Frankfort, MI >

Anybody familiar with Crystal Lake near Frankfort, MI

Notices

Anybody familiar with Crystal Lake near Frankfort, MI

Old 05-11-2006, 02:54 PM
ATFastForward

Default Anybody familiar with Crystal Lake near Frankfort, MI

We are planning on renting a cottage on Crystal Lake for a 4 day weekend during June and then again over Labor Day.
I hear the water lives up to its name being incredibly crystal clear with sandy bottom. I heard the lake is 9 miles long and 160' deep at its deepest location.

I have never been so any comments or information would be appreciated.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody familiar with Crystal Lake near Frankfort, MI

there is a guy that I let borrow my enclosed trailer and never returned it and owes me 1000's that has a resort on that lake. stay away from pineknot resort unless you want to see if there is a black 12' enclosed trailer there
Old 05-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ATFastForward
We are planning on renting a cottage on Crystal Lake for a 4 day weekend during June and then again over Labor Day.
I hear the water lives up to its name being incredibly crystal clear with sandy bottom. I heard the lake is 9 miles long and 160' deep at its deepest location.

I've never been there but my brother has done some work on a few homes there. He keeps telling me we need to go.

I'll see if I can get some info.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ATFastForward

It is really a nice lake, but don't limit yourself to that lake alone. The whole Lake Michigan shoreline up there is beautiful. I don't know how big your boat is, but if you can get out on the big lake, take a trip up the coast to Leland. It's a nice little town and there are other nice ports along the way. You can even hit the islands if you like. All the water is clear up there!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
ATFastForward

Boated on Lake Michigan for years, been to Frankfort, Leland etc. etc. you are absolutely correct it is beautiful territory.
We sold our 37 AT and bought a 220 Coblat to do the skiing, tubing thing with the kids. Found a cottage to rent on Crystal Lake to rent but have never been there.

The whole overnighting on the boat and marina thing just wasn't working with the kids so had to shift gears.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered

Fast you will have a good time there ... clear water and great lake for skiing. If The Big Lake is rough there will be some chop just because of the proximity... all part of the fun. Haven't been there in 3 yrs but DNR was supposed to put a new launch ramp in.

Last edited by woogie; 09-15-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Registered

It is a nice clean lake, it is shallow and the ramp in the city was horrible, I tried a 23ft boat an d bent my fenders when they dropped off the edge of the pad, that was a long time abo and the boat was really too big. Get out to Frankfort, round point betsy to the N and there is an awsome cove there, a cool river that you can inner tube down spills out there also. I have a buddy with a place there, I stick to the small boat so unless the ramp is fixed I would survey it closely.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
ATFastForward

The guy I'm renting from said the best ramp was in Beulah fairly new concrete and pretty deep.
Anybody use that ramp in the past year or so?
The guy is a Dr. and he says he rarely gets to the cottage so I'm not sure the last time he actually launched a boat.