Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129971-marina-employees-shoe-prints-my-vinyl.html)

cbeastwood 05-12-2006 02:28 PM

Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl

...Should I be pissed? I kept my brand new boat in a marina that does rack storage and every time I get in it there are dirty shoe prints on the vinyl seats.

I can't believe that I'm the only one on OSO anal enough to be p!ssed off at this. It's from the guys that get in the boat and drive it from the forklift to the slip.

Thoughts? I'm afraid that if I say anything they'll F with my boat...

masher44 05-12-2006 02:32 PM

Re: Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl

Other people rarely give a crap about your boat. I just had a bunch of stuff done to mine and filthy every time... and I was there most of the time. They are scum and dont care.... :mad:

GOODT 05-12-2006 02:32 PM

Id say something to the marina manager, I have fired guys over that in the past there is no excuse for it

Dean Ferry 05-12-2006 02:34 PM

That sucks, and I understand your delicate position! :( Maybe, put down some old towels on the vinyl that you don't care about, and hopefully they will catch all the dirt/shoe prints.
Another reason why we pay all the TAXES we do to live on the water, with a lift, no-one can phuck with my boat!
Dean

Panther 05-12-2006 02:34 PM

Just as important is the marina keep the grounds clean...

When I worked at the local marina the shop floor always had oil stains, grease what have you. A lot of the times I just took my shoes off if there was a carpet floor. Other than that it took me at least 30 minutes to clean up the crap. :eek:

Do yourself a favor and get/make/buy one of these; http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/im...ronimo_29_.JPG

kswest 05-12-2006 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT
Id say something to the marina manager, I have fired guys over that in the past there is no excuse for it

I'd go this route.

If the mgr. isn't an ass he'll tell them not to do it without singling your boat out. They are obviously walking on everyone's vinyl. Unless they just hate you ... :fish: :fish:

ActiveFun 05-12-2006 02:52 PM

My marina guys take their shoes off usually before stepping on a nice white interior. I would say something.

carrboy 05-12-2006 02:56 PM

I'd punch the person right in the face!!!Another attorney fee(getting sick of paying those)...maybe not a good idea...better idea:ask the guy who drives and racks your boat which car he drives and tell him if you see footprints in your boat again you'll take a grease gun to his seat :mad:

Queenie 05-12-2006 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
...Should I be pissed? I kept my brand new boat in a marina that does rack storage and every time I get in it there are dirty shoe prints on the vinyl seats.

I can't believe that I'm the only one on OSO anal enough to be p!ssed off at this. It's from the guys that get in the boat and drive it from the forklift to the slip.

Thoughts? I'm afraid that if I say anything they'll F with my boat...

You're not the only one anal enough to be upset about this. I would discuss it with the manager at the marina. If this happened to our boat at our marina it wouldn't happen again without something being said.

Wally 05-12-2006 03:03 PM

you think thats bad? friend was having service done on his 500EFI's for a fuel related problem....the mechanic took the fuel/water sepperator off and wrapped it in a rag to keep fuel from spilling all over the place (good effort anyway) but when he went to put the filter back on he tossed the rag to the side and the fuel soaked rag stained the vinyl on the back seat it landed on! :mad: brand new boat with less then 10 hrs on it!!!!! Dealer was appologetic but never did anything to remedy the problem..he now keeps a house rug like the type you would have in a bathroom on the back seat to cover it for the time being....plus with the heavy rubber backing it stays inplace when under full speed too :)