Notices

USA Racing 39 Cat

Old 05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question USA Racing 39 Cat

What's the problem with the Aronow USA 39 Catamaran that TNT has for sale in the classy's? Has anyone taken a good look at it? I know that it is a heavy hull and really won't blow your hair back with performance, but it sure looks clean. I've been watching it sit there forever! How do those things ride in big water? If Mark McManus really rigged it, I would think it should have been done correctly. I think that the history of the design of that boat makes a pretty interesting story.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: USA Racing 39 Cat

do a search, there is some good info out there.
Supposedly it need diesels??? i think.
And its not a speed demon.
But i think it'll make a comfy cruiser and party barge.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Besides being an old war soldier the boat looks great. Yes, it is a lead sled compared to today's Skaters. MTI's and Nortec's but if it is not rotted out and is still solid it would be a great hull to sink a pile of cash and at the end of the day it is not worth anymore than it is now.

The Deep V Aronow's were the same way. Resale was for crap but a very solid boat.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:29 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by SHAWNA
What's the problem with the Aronow USA 39 Catamaran that TNT has for sale in the classy's? Has anyone taken a good look at it? I know that it is a heavy hull and really won't blow your hair back with performance, but it sure looks clean. I've been watching it sit there forever! How do those things ride in big water? If Mark McManus really rigged it, I would think it should have been done correctly. I think that the history of the design of that boat makes a pretty interesting story.
Nothing is wrong with it, it runs over 80mph with the current power. Actually there is a deposit on it right now, sea trial this weekend.

Pete has some other nice stuff hiding in that warehouse of his, see my personal favorite below. Its a steal at the current price.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-7099.html
Attached Thumbnails USA Racing 39 Cat-7099_1.jpg  
Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

I am surprised the Fountain Lovers would not want to own the Reggie Legend that he raced against Don Johnson.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-195.html
Attached Thumbnails USA Racing 39 Cat-3837899.jpg  
Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
I am surprised the Fountain Lovers would not want to own the Reggie Legend that he raced against Don Johnson.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-195.html
I agree.....I'd love to own that particular Fountain. A bad a$$ boat with an interesting history.

I can't figure out why no one has bought that boat. Or the Aronow Cat for that matter. You could never put one together as nice as that one for the asking price.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is the thread that says it all...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=Aronow+Cat
Old 05-11-2006, 07:37 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Read post #11 on in that thread. Learn from those that actually had experince with the boat. Just my 2 cents. Seems like the people that live in the heart of the birthplace always know a little more.

I know I have learned a lot about boats living in SOuth Florida that I otherwise would have never know when i lived up north.

The Old Aronows are used as party barges and people movers in South Florida and I personally have been on the boat in question. It has lots of room for people and the engine room has a lot of room to work on the mechanicals.

Remember there are certain boats for certain applications and you would be hard pressed to find one in the shape that one is in for its age.

The owner of this boat is one of the most knowlegable people I have ever met in this business. I would believe anything he said over what i read on the internet. He is honest to a fault where he actually blows boat deals being too honest. He would not have invested his own money in that boat if it wasn't a "deal" of some sort for someone. His office was in the actual building that boat was built in for years. He is in the "know".
Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i wondered the same about the cat ...it's clean from the pics and the price is right imho..

when i was in key west there was one sitting on a lift with a flag theme ...big boat..

that is the perfect party cruiser..6 ft rollers... no problem..

could use a upgrade on the trailer though..
Old 05-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Read post #11 on in that thread. Learn from those that actually had experince with the boat. Just my 2 cents. Seems like the people that live in the heart of the birthplace always know a little more.

I know I have learned a lot about boats living in SOuth Florida that I otherwise would have never know when i lived up north.

The Old Aronows are used as party barges and people movers in South Florida and I personally have been on the boat in question. It has lots of room for people and the engine room has a lot of room to work on the mechanicals.

Remember there are certain boats for certain applications and you would be hard pressed to find one in the shape that one is in for its age.

The owner of this boat is one of the most knowlegable people I have ever met in this business. I would believe anything he said over what i read on the internet. He is honest to a fault where he actually blows boat deals being too honest. He would not have invested his own money in that boat if it wasn't a "deal" of some sort for someone. His office was in the actual building that boat was built in for years. He is in the "know".
Well, I certainly hope whoever ends up with that piece of history is from the west coast of Michigan. I'm going to beg for a ride in some Lake Michigan 4 foot "chop"! You know.... the stuff that Betty Cook said she'd never race in again in!

Quick Reply: USA Racing 39 Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.