Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/129988-powerboat-mag-never-ceases-pizz-me-off.html)

Shane 05-13-2006 08:57 AM

Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Originally Posted by nocigarette
I really think it is a race issue......They just wont let you in because your black......

TRY THIS ANGLE IT SEEMS TO WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE

Now that right there is funny chit! :D :D

Shane 05-13-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
It's Islands not Pslands. The 1000 Islands Poker Run is run by the 1000 Island Poker Run, they are a member of Poker Runs of America just like you are a member of OSO, but OSO can't tell you what size boat you have to have just like Poker Runs of America can't. It is up to The 1000 Island committee.
I don't know if you have a rash on your a$$ today or if you are always like this, if you are always like this it's probably not the size of your boat that is keeping you out.

I am so sorry for the typographical error. Or would we call this a syntax error. Now the very next sentence you say that "The 1000 Islands Poker Run is run by the 1000 Island Poker Run". Maybe you should ensure accuracy of your typing prior to pointing out a spelling error of others. Man it sure muct suck balls when it comes back to bite you in the azz so quickly!

Shane 05-13-2006 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
That's my buddy Shane! :D I don't get PB anymore so I haven't read the article, BUT I would think that it would be kinda hard to mooch of the events parties and card stops if you don't have the magic wrist bads?, (Like my other buddy MBR said) :eek:
It's not really a worry for me, since I don't attend PRs, (other than the www.cffw.org PR which is run for helping to keep FL waterways OPEN to BOATERS) anyway! :drink:

Dean

How are you Dean? Remember the "Good 'OLE Days" around here? I hope you and the family are well. :cool:

Shane 05-13-2006 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I went to the grocery store last night and read the article in Powerboat. I put the magazine back on the rack....Is that stealing? :eek: :D

Go get 'em Shane....

Have the Poker Runners EVER thought about that THEY might be so called stealing when they run right through a bunch of boats anchored up over some bottom structure because they are fishing? NOPE, they run right through them! :mad:

Hey Mike! Long time no speak. I hope you are well. :drink:

EricT 05-13-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I still stick with my original reaction on the article. I agree with the article on the fact that if someone (people running with a poker run pack, attending a private function, eating function food, not paying to be there, etc.) is benefiting by someones Else's (poker run organizers) hard work, time, money and effort then they are, in a sense, stealing.

It comes down to a moral issue to me. If you are using the poker run event to gain a good time or experience that you would not have without the poker run being there, then that is morally wrong....in my opinion. Again, that doesn't mean you can't go out and boat on the lake or spectate the event. And I don't think Trulio sees it this way either, since I didn't see ANY mention of these two topics in the article.

I saw it very blatantly represented...To quote "performance boaters around the country who think nothing of showing up at a poker run, running along side and hanging out with the fleet"

and "The right move isn't attaching yourself to the side of the fleet like a barnacle on a hull....the right move is to stay away from the event. as in far away."

If you are observing a poker run event. I don't think it's a far reach to expect the organizers to hope the spectators stay "far away" from the course. Matter of fact, I'm sure they'd be very appreciative if the spectator boats stayed as far away from the course as possible.

He also clearly states, "if you want to be apart of a poker run, you have to pay."

I think that line in the article pretty much sums up the whole story. I find if funny how some of you read into this as a civil plight for American freedom of boating and that the author is saying no one can boat unless they pay to participate in a poker run. :rolleyes: Show me any quote in that article that says anything of the sort.

Bottom line. Ease up and don't read into things so much. Go take a Valium and relax a bit...Jesus. :rolleyes:

I agree with Tank and Jim Nichols.

T2x 05-13-2006 10:46 AM

Hey Shane....

Maybe it's time to delete this thread........

Give me a call

T2x

JB4Boyne 05-13-2006 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Shane
I am so sorry for the typographical error. Or would we call this a syntax error. Now the very next sentence you say that "The 1000 Islands Poker Run is run by the 1000 Island Poker Run". Maybe you should ensure accuracy of your typing prior to pointing out a spelling error of others. Man it sure muct suck balls when it comes back to bite you in the azz so quickly!

LOL You really don't have a clue do you?
I'm just trying to help you out. But you refuse to except the FACTS.
I think I see some anger manager classes in your future :p

OSO 05-13-2006 11:47 AM

Time to move on. Bottom line, the Helicopters and photographers get confused when boats that are not in the run are thrown in the mix. So if you are going to run with an organized run keep your distance not to confuse who is in the run and who is not.

Thread Closed