Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF! >

POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Notices

POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

I think I am going to be a THIEF just like the ones that @#$%^&* in Powerboat Magazine wrote about! You know, not sign up and pay, and run along with the gang! That guy is such a F-ING BUTTMUNCH! Maybe he forgot that some of us with boats that don't fit the "size" requirements of some Poker Run Organizers still like to enjoy the same PUBLIC waterways, but he thinks that because our boats aren't BIG enough that we should not even be out on the water! (For example, Poker Runs America will not allow me to enter their runs regardless of my experience because my Skater is ONLY 24 feet)

Hey BUTTHEAD! What kind of boat do YOU OWN? How much to YOU PAY to enter the same runs you speak of? Oh, you don't own a boat? Why? because you can't afford one and have to bum rides from manufacturer's? Oh you don't pay because you are a "celebrity"? How 'bout you donate the same money it costs those that enter to the charity of the organizer? First they sell out to the SAVE THE MANATEE CLUB, now they are bantering and berating it's own readership! I am DONE with POWERBOAT! In fact, I am going to use my remaining copies in my subscription as TOILET PAPER!

Funny, last time I started a post about Powerboat and the ad they ran for the Save The Manatee Club, it generated so much backlash, that Nordskog had Craig Cleaver, who worked for them at the time and who is a friend of mine, call me and ask me to take the thread down. PUZZIES! Maybe they should think about what their bonehead editors write first! I am surprised people like John Tomlinson and Bob Teague write for a such a bunch of self righteous whores. Yes they are whores because they freely take money from those they berate in their publication. Hey Powerboat, if I should not be on the PUBLIC water during one of your PRIVATE Poker Runs, how about you REFUND my subscription! Since I am a thief, I can only assume you wouldn't want your publication associated with a low life scumbag like myself!

Last edited by Shane; 05-12-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

There is already a thread on this topic. With that being said, well put!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Hey Shane wasts up...besides your blood preasure Who is "he", I don't get this rag anymore for these reasons, they are a sell out, just like most. Now my FHM sub is the best, no BS, just good, old fashion fun. Now I have to go get the mag to see what you are talking about, unless you can scan it.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Registered

Where was this other thread? The Bilge? GD? Thanks, I want to know more before I waste my money on the mag.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
I think I am going to be a THIEF just like the ones that @#$%^&* in Powerboat Magazine wrote about! You know, not sign up and pay, and run along with the gang! That guy is such a F-ING BUTTMUNCH! Maybe he forgot that some of us with boats that don't fit the "size" requirements of some Poker Run Organizers still like to enjoy the same PUBLIC waterways, but he thinks that because our boats aren't BIG enough that we should not even be out on the water! (For example, Poker Runs America will not allow me to enter their runs regardless of my experience because my Skater is ONLY 24 feet)

Hey BUTTHEAD! What kind of boat do YOU OWN? How much to YOU PAY to enter the same runs you speak of? Oh, you don't own a boat? Why? because you can't afford one and have to bum rides from manufacturer's? Oh you don't pay because you are a "celebrity"? How 'bout you donate the same money it costs those that enter to the charity of the organizer? First they sell out to the SAVE THE MANATEE CLUB, now they are bantering and berating it's own readership! I am DONE with POWERBOAT! In fact, I am going to use my remaining copies in my subscription as TOILET PAPER!

Funny, last time I started a post about Powerboat and the ad they ran for the Save The Manatee Club, it generated so much backlash, that Nordskog had Craig Cleaver, who worked for them at the time and who is a friend of mine, call me and ask me to take the thread down. PUZZIES! Maybe they should think about what their bonehead editors write first! I am surprised people like John Tomlinson and Bob Teague write for a such a bunch of self righteous whores. Yes they are whores because they freely take money from those they berate in their publication. Hey Powerboat, if I should not be on the PUBLIC water during one of your PRIVATE Poker Runs, how about you REFUND my subscription! Since I am a thief, I can only assume you wouldn't want your publication associated with a low life scumbag like myself!
Nice, Now shut up and register for the Lake George Poker Run next week !!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

to bad they doin;t have the nadds of bob .then we would see the real boat reviews. not this doin't piss any one off they might not spend money on adv with us. bull **** is what they have become .
Old 05-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Where was this other thread? The Bilge? GD? Thanks, I want to know more before I waste my money on the mag.

Search general boating discussion you'll find it. The guy that wrote the article is a total peasant. Like Shane said probably doesn't own a boat!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Hey don't hold back, TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL I can't speak for all of Poker Runs of America events but Boyne Thunder is a Poker Runs of America event and we will let any size boat in, last year we had a 24' V and he had a great time. Come on up and see us JB
Old 05-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

As I posted at the end of the previous thread...Link

The parasites the article refers to are those that hide out in a cove near the course and jump out when a group comes by to see how he competes. Screwing up when he doesn't know the group is being held back by a group leader due to agreement with the Coast Guard and getting all excited when he's in the lead.

It's happened too many times on our runs. If we catch them now, (by picture or what ever) we'll publish their behavior on our B-safe website so other event producers know and can be forwarned. Hopefully a little pere pressure will make a differance.

Now, what would you name the boaters that calls me just after an event and sure would like their photos or some of that video our helicopter just happened to take of them while they ran with our fleet, or jumped in line at our photo station and got their pictures taken?

They just can't understand why it costs so much to get their pictures, our helicopter and photographer was just there anyways!

Or how about the "really cool" ones that post on a web site that they are going to the event because they know a buddy who will get them in for the free pizza and beer on Friday night. Yeah, they can make one wrist band go a long way

Think I'll quit before I get myself upset

Jim

Last edited by jdnichols; 05-12-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:17 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Powerboat wants to be the Robb Report of the performance boating world.
I dumped them last year.

Quick Reply: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.