Notices

SHOOTOUT fun run-LOTO

Old 05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SHOOTOUT fun run-LOTO

We are planning to bring the AMT out this year.
Ill keep an eye on this post to try and figure the best time to be there. Maybe a Thurday to Tuesday deal with a whole lot of haulin on the ends. I think it will be about a 1700 mile each way haul for us.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

I'm with Frequency on this one. With the cost of fuel and the distance to Big Dick's and the crowds, I think maybe a shorter run to Toad cove or something like that may be in order.

Also have to agree that this was always just a casual run and now I think it is getting a little to big for the facility at Big Dick's and as JBK stated the "organization/expectations will make it a less than memorable deal.

I go to LOTO to chill out and have fun. I am going to make sure it stays that way !!!
Old 06-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

that sounds ok to me, Agreed the OSo run is a casual just show up run, frankie and louies just asked last year to have us hook up with them, so I say the old Troutly meet and go is fine, do you guys just want to meet at DOG DAYS and go that will be 27 miles, will have BJ, just have open menu or buffet if you want, I thought the buffet just was much quicke and meet everyones needs. BLUE MOON will still be offering fuel discounts to all OSO members. I'll let F&L GUYS KNOW WE WILL BE ON OUR OWN THIS YEAR, JUST TRYING TO GET It somewhat organized, last year was fun even though it rained. wiggler
Old 06-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wiggler,
I appreciate the effort you put into making this a larger event than in the past, but I have to agree with the other guys on this page. This began as a simple fun run where everyone could actually "go" somewhere, meet new faces with names and have some fun. It was also a long enough run that most everyone could join in no matter what mile marker you were at or what size boat you had. While I agree that the buffett idea seemed to work much better than waiting on service, it may not be for everyone. Actually, I would like to thank you for getting Big Dicks to step up with MUCH better service than in years past. Seems like a few years ago, even though they were told/warned about the incoming crowd, the young lady running the bar thought her and one waitress was more than enough to handle things. Funny, a year later she was working at Docknockers.
At any rate, I look forward to making the run. I already make other donations to the cause so I personally would rather not turn it into a poker run. But, if that's what the majority wishes, is it bad taste if I still go along?
Old 06-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is the date?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Registered

What charity?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Steve_H

http://www.lakeshootout.com/html/ind...Event+Schedule

Last edited by Steve_H; 06-04-2006 at 07:54 PM.