Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year >

Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Notices

Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

The Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year Award
Tuesday May 16, 9:45 am ET

Sales of the New 47 Lightning Continue to Be Strong

WASHINGTON, NC--(MARKET WIRE)--May 16, 2006 -- Fountain Powerboat Industries, Inc. (AMEX:FPB - News), a leading manufacturer of high performance sport boats, fish boats and express cruisers, announced today that at Powerboat Magazine's annual performance award banquet, Fountain Powerboats CEO and President Reggie Fountain was presented with top honors in the Offshore Boat of the Year category for its new 47 Lightning built to challenge the high performance catamaran market. Sales of the new 47 Lightning have been strong and the company looks to continue this upward trend in the coming months.

"This award is a great honor for us," said Fountain. "Every major performance boat manufacturer puts their best foot forward for the Powerboat Performance trials, and when Bob Teague and John Tomlinson say you're the best of the best, it is really an honor." Fountain went on to add, "Powerboat Magazine scrutinizes every detail of these boats, not only on performance but on rigging, paint, mold work, ergonomics and layout. Winning this award further reinforces the superiority of our products and brand image."

According to Powerboat Magazine's Associate Publisher Vicki Newton, Fountain Powerboats received its first award for product excellence 25 years ago. "Thanks to Fountain for sending such an incredible boat. They really made our job easy," added Newton.

Fountain's new 47 Lightning features the latest in hull technology in addition to a newly designed cockpit with a six-man stand-up bolster option. This boat was designed to challenge the high performance catamaran market and give those customers a safe, stable, high-speed alternative. To further prove the superiority of the hull, Fountain is currently campaigning a 47 Unlimited Super Vee on the SBI/APBA racing circuit this season. The boat, powered by twin Mercury racing 1075's engines, clinched the season opener last weekend at The Miami Beach Offshore Grand Prix.

To obtain more information on Fountain's new 47 Lightning visit us on the web at www.fountainpowerboats.com.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Not to take anything away from the boat, because its a sweet boat. But I take little stock in the powerboat magazine "awards". I feel they should call it the "advertiser of the year award."
Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Registered

Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

I second that!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by century29
Not to take anything away from the boat, because its a sweet boat. But I take little stock in the powerboat magazine "awards". I feel they should call it the "advertiser of the year award."
100% agree.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the

I wonder who won The Best Freshwater Left handed Single Engine Double console Triple Axle Red Vee Bottom Lake runner between $40,000 and $41,000?
Just keep creating categories to keep all the advertisers happy.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 PM

While I do agree that PB is pretty much a joke, their are allot of other advertisers they could have picked, Donzi, Cig, OL,..and so on. Way to go Fountain

WILL
Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the

Originally Posted by BBB725
I wonder who won The Best Freshwater Left handed Single Engine Double console Triple Axle Red Vee Bottom Lake runner between $40,000 and $41,000?
Just keep creating categories to keep all the advertisers happy.
Now THAT is funny right there!!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered

Money talks & B.S. walks!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird
Although I tend to agree with the general correlation between advertising and awards (in all aspects of American commerce), Midnight Express won "Sport Utility Boat of the Year" and I've never seen any Midnight advertising in P'boat. Say what you will (and I know you will LOL) there is some validity to their tests.

Maybe.......Fountains continuous 3-7 page adds in Powerjoke every single month have something to do with the award???

It does seem that the manufacturers that DO adertise in Powerjoke always win awards.....go figure.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 05-16-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I Dont Think Ya Can Knock Fountain Or Powerboat I Would Blame The Monster Company Mercury, They Practically Own Fountain Any Way,,,,,,,,,,whoops Did I Just Say That Outloud.............

Quick Reply: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.