FREE 26' Wellcraft, you pick it up w/ your trailer >

FREE 26' Wellcraft, you pick it up w/ your trailer

Notices

FREE 26' Wellcraft, you pick it up w/ your trailer

Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FREE 26' Wellcraft, you pick it up w/ your trailer

A couple weeks ago, I tried to give away a boat, and nobody took me up on it, so I posted it on ebay with no reserve starting out at $100. It sold for $679. Makes no sense to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESO%3AIT
Old 05-19-2006, 04:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It sold for $669. Makes no sense to me.
ah the wonderful world of ebay
Old 05-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

cuda after looking at the add and boat, someone has a great lil project that when done will be worth the effort to complete.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:19 AM
jb
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
cuda after looking at the add and boat, someone has a great lil project that when done will be worth the effort to complete.
either that or they think they have a boat with a motor/drive and trailer!

Congrats Cuda!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The charitable donation is a great way to get rid of a yard ornament.. I had a 24 sea ray that i could not give away for two years .. I donated it and the estimated value was 1600 ..way more than I ever could have got for it ..They came and put it on a flatbed ..Literaly dragged it off the blocks and on to the truck
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Recent tax law changes have made it harder to take LARGE deductions anymore. But it could be worth something.

I have a friend that I mentioned this to, and he might be interested. We are in the Binghamton area, so we are close. I'll PM you later today and maybe we can talk.

Dave
Old 05-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

I bought back my 27' IMP that I sold last summr and would like this boat off as soon as possible, I never imagined it would be this tough to give away a boat
Old 05-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Registered

Anyone know what to do with it then? Anyone have a clue how much a dump will charge for it??
Old 05-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Donate it and take the write off ! It will cost NOTHING and you can deduct a couple hundred bucks next tax season ...its a no brainer , ive done it twice..oh and it helps out charities...
http://www.carshelpingamerica.org/index.html
Old 05-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

As of January, 2005, you may deduct the full dollar amount that your car, boat, truck, or other donated vehicle sells for. But, not only do you receive the tax advantage from the full dollar value of your donation…. your chosen charity receives desperately needed cash proceeds generated from the sale of your vehicle. With a car donation, you could say the sales proceeds from your vehicle count twice!

Previously, you were required to investigate various resources and report your best estimate of the fair market value of your donation. There was an inherent risk of tax fraud with this method, as the IRS often saw large discrepancies between a donor's estimate and actual sales proceeds. The new law eliminates this risk and simplifies the process for you.

You receive a donation receipt at the time your donation is made. That receipt will contain all pertinent donor information, a description of your donated vehicle, and the name and Tax ID number of the charity receiving your donation proceeds. This receipt will serve as your official tax receipt if your vehicle sells for less than $500.00. It is the same concept as the Goodwill Donation receipts with which you may be familiar, on which you the donor can assign a donation amount up to $500.

If your vehicle sells for more than $500.00, you receive a supplemental receipt that states the actual sale price. That receipt will include all information required by the IRS for your tax deduction, including your social security number.

NOTE: THE IRS IS REVISING PUBLICATION 4303, A DONOR'S GUIDE TO CAR DONATIONS

An Explanation of New Rules for Donations of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes Follows:

If you donate a car to charity as of January 1, 2005, and you are eligible to take a tax deduction in excess of $500, your deduction is determined in one of two ways:

If the car is sold without any significant intervening use or material improvement by the charity, your deduction is limited to the amount of the gross proceeds from its sale.
If the charity intends to make significant intervening use of or materially improve the car, you generally can deduct its fair market value.
You must get a contemporaneous written acknowledgement from the charity and attach it to your income tax return, Form 1040. If you do not have an acknowledgement, you cannot deduct your contribution. If the claimed value of the car is more than $500, the acknowledgement must include:

your name and taxpayer identification number,
the vehicle identification number, and
a statement certifying that the car was sold in an arm's length transaction between unrelated parties, the gross proceeds received from the sale, and a statement that your deduction may not be more than the gross proceeds from the sale, or
if the charity intends a significant intervening use, a statement certifying the intended use, the duration of that use, and that the charity will not sell the car before completion of that use, or
if the charity intends to make a material improvement to the car, a statement certifying the intended material improvement and that the charity will not sell the car before completion of the improvement.
You must obtain the acknowledgement no later than 30 days after the date the charity sells the car, or 30 days from the date of the contribution if the charity intends to make significant intervening use of or materially improve the car.

The IRS expects to issue additional guidance on these rules early in 2005. Please check their website at www.irs.gov or call 877-829-1040.

Quick Reply: FREE 26' Wellcraft, you pick it up w/ your trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.