Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has Outterlimits ever won a world title??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130616-has-outterlimits-ever-won-world-title.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2006 11:57 AM

Re: Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

3 Attachment(s)
Over 100 MPH Avg! :eek:

Lucididee 11-15-2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Outerlimits are great boats and perform very well no doubt about that BUT winning in P-Class is NOT a so called World Chapionship! When are they and some other so called World Champions gonna step up and put some boatis in Super V?

Damn you sound like a armchair quarterback. I have no idea who you are, but ..... have you ever raced. If not, when are you gonna step up and race yourself?

(And if you paid attention to things, you would know that P-class does not exist anymore.)

thisistank 11-15-2006 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
After this weekend, I believe there is no doubt about it now.... :evilb:

Just to be clear, my reason for originally posting this thread was not to bash OL. I know the history Cigarette has to put "World Champion Racing Team" on the sides of their boats (they also won races out of country). I was just wondering what OL has. I'm very glad to see team OL give 'others' something to compete against.

Now, if all the SBI/OSS B.S. would stop and put them back together for a REAL U.S. Championship race (it's still not a world tital to me, racing over seas is MUCH larger than here) then we'd see who's REALLY champion.

Sea-Dated 11-15-2006 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Perhaps next year will be the first time he runs with a solid rule book... :rolleyes:

Not trying to start an argument or anything but has Reggie ever been caught cheating? I know people say he cheats all the time but has anyone ever proved it?

Is it that hard to believe he has a faster hull than anyone else?

As far as finishing by idleing over the finish line, that is not right but, it is not cheating is it?

Panther 11-15-2006 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
WOW.1st out of 2 boats thats unbelievable!!!! NOT :evilb:

I thought I counted 3 on the second day and I think there was one more than that on the first day in Destin. :)

animalhouse 11-15-2006 01:36 PM

There were 4 boats total, muscle DNS and Bad boys broke. The OL has plenty more left, only ran as fast as need be.

Downtown42 11-15-2006 02:22 PM

Dee, I think that Fever Mikes post was pulled out of the archives but not sure.

There was no World Champions for anyone this year. I will say OL did a nice job and congratulations are in order for the Northern Championship this year.

I know I poke and joke alot, its all fun for most. OL has my respect, they have an excellent customer service and product.

I do have to say, the race boat sure looks like a Fountain with the extended hull over drives and the VERY_LOW freeboard. Doesn't look much like the boats they sell to the public, where as Fountain raceboats are same hull as what I can buy.

Now,

where's the wuzzy's from Cig?? :bunny: :evilb:

Panther 11-15-2006 02:24 PM

Credit where credit is due... OL won, it's over, they're champs in OSS in my book. :cool:

Here's an aside...Why call these races "World Championships" anyway...I never really understood the "World Series" of Baseball either... What qualifies the word "World" :eek: :drink:

Panther 11-15-2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Doesn't look much like the boats they sell to the public, where as Fountain raceboats are same hull as what I can buy.

Gonna have to disagree with ya there.. :D I haven't seen one of those canopied cat killers at the showroom yet. :drink:

Lucididee 11-15-2006 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Dee, I think that Fever Mikes post was pulled out of the archives but not sure.

There was no World Champions for anyone this year. I will say OL did a nice job and congratulations are in order for the Northern Championship this year.

I know I poke and joke alot, its all fun for most. OL has my respect, they have an excellent customer service and product.

I do have to say, the race boat sure looks like a Fountain with the extended hull over drives and the VERY_LOW freeboard. Doesn't look much like the boats they sell to the public, where as Fountain raceboats are same hull as what I can buy.

Now,

Personally, I feel the OL raceboat looked more like a cat running out there. Looks nothing like a fountain. And we all know a fountain race boat IS NOT the same as a fountain production boat (Correct me if I'm wrong ... but wasn't skater doing the hulls a while back.) And, for the most part, aren't all boats really just a magnum anyway.
But anyway, I'm really just getting sick and tired of ALL the bashing. Not one of us on this thread were out there racing, and if we could have been, we would have done it on any boat that was allowable. We all know I luv the OLs, but I really try not to bash other things, just sometimes things get the best of me and I feel, I gotta say something. Whether it's racing or a poker run. We're supposed to have fun. Not put other peoples things down that they like sooooo much. Just could never get why people gotta knock what they don't have.(Oh, crap, I sound like my mother now :eek: ........ I better stop :rolleyes: )