Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How do you guys handle this.. >

How do you guys handle this..

Notices

How do you guys handle this..

Old 05-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do you guys handle this..

Y'all have given me an idea. I am on 1/4 tank of gas, and I was gonna fill up on Friday. But, now I think I will wait until Saturday and pull up to the gas dock with a full load of people. After I dump $400+ into the gas tank, I want to see their reactions!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Either at Lk Monroe park and make a long trip of it or 44. I think that idle zone north of Blue springs is off for this time of year. I would rather put in at Lk Monroe park because of the water levels right now. You heading out tomorrow? This will be an AM trip for us. I'll give everyone on the river a nice wake up call
If we go, we'll put in at Ed Stone Park at Hwy 44. It's only half mile from my house. I hate all that idle zone from Monroe to 44. There isn't any idle zone from 44 all the way to Astor.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I hate that Blue springs and then Hontoon zone, it is forever in the winter time when they enforce that section north of the springs. I know when you come out of the 44 cove into the river, it gets really shallow right there at the mouth next to where that railing where everybody likes to fish. And with the river down, I don't want to hit anything. My depth gauge is bust (just received new transducer today) And it's a steep ramp as well, don't know how my crappy trailer will deal with loading there, I can't remember if it's steeper than Lk Monroe park (northside of river) I can load there easy. If you go, what time do you think you'll be there?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
After I dump $400+ into the gas tank

Only going for half a tank?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Mom coming into town wants a boat ride, we're heading out tomorrow, probably come into Glen for a bit. Not sure what I'm doing Sat, want to get over to intracoastal or something.

Unsane,
Me, Kwest, Bajabennett, and another Baja owner are going out of Port of Canveral on Sat, 5/27/06, around 12 to 1pm, we are going to run down the beach to Sebastion inlet, go back in to the ICW, stop @ Capt Hirams to have lunch, then backup the ICW to Merritt Island?
You are more than welcome, if you are so inclined. I'll send you a pm with my cell #.
Dean
Old 05-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned

Unsane, that's the main reason I don't like that launch. It's too steep, and hard to get the boat on the trailer properly. There isn't an issue with depth, if you go straight out of that cover to the center of the river. Monroe ramp isn't nearly as steep. It's the best I've seen since we moved here.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
So did you get any ? lol
Actually yes!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Got a call from my bro yesterday and he's coming into town. And another friend from downstate may be coming up so it looks like I will be hosting a sausagefest this weekend! LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cuda...got to Astor (by water), then phone rings.......seems my brother made early dinner reservations, so here I am at home about to leave for that (have mom with me). we had to turn around right away to make it. Was going back up there in the AM, but Dean's thing looks better, about to call him. I have my strainer but not put in, how long does that usually take? Am I ok running the coast one time without it this time of year?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Registered

I think I'm a good guest because of how I lived, would say grew up, but I'm not at that point yet!!!!

I've gone with my neighbor fishing a few times as his guest on his boat. If you watch T.V you have seen his excersise equipment ad's. Despite having a good idea of this guy's net worth I not only insist on paying for something on these outings. The last time snuck inside gas station and paid the entire bill and have on other occasions argued over who should pay as well. I also buy a bottle of wine with a simple thank you note given the next day.

Growing up my family home was on a beach near Vancouver, B.C. Alot of people took advantage looking back on growing up at that place. The worse I left my Sea Ray on a buoy outfront of our house and a un-expected storm swamped it. The seats got ruined from the salt water and needed to be redone. One of my Mom's "friends" husbands owned a upholstery shop and he was a frequent guest and user of that boat. This guy almost every weekend would bring his buddies down to our house and they would use our property as their personel hang out, even water ski behind our boat and full use of other toy's as if they where his. Not once did they pay for anything. He not only charged me for redoing the interior, did'nt even offer a slight discount on labor rates or materials.

Nothing peeves me more than people thinking you should give them a free ride cause you are "richer" than them!!!! With my neighbor being a founder behind a major excersise machine biz, I could easy justify taking a free ride, the guy's brother in-law does because this guy can afford it. But I don't because pun intended I've been in both boats!

Quick Reply: How do you guys handle this..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.