Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dumb Sea Doo Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130761-dumb-sea-doo-question.html)

blownincome 05-23-2006 05:17 AM

Re: Dumb Sea Doo Question

Drain and refill!

cbeastwood 05-23-2006 06:10 AM

Once Sea-Doo brought out the supercharged intercooled 4-strokes it was all over for Yamaha. Yami may have been in the game 5-6 years ago but what have they brought out recently that can compete? Combine the speed with the ride quality and build quality and there's no comparison...

GOODT 05-23-2006 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Once Sea-Doo brought out the supercharged intercooled 4-strokes it was all over for Yamaha. Yami may have been in the game 5-6 years ago but what have they brought out recently that can compete? Combine the speed with the ride quality and build quality and there's no comparison...

I have to agree the rotax 4stroke is a far better engine

Pantera1 05-23-2006 07:20 AM

Get a real jet ski and 55 will feel very fast

Chris288 05-23-2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
build quality .

Sea-BOMB and build quality used in the same sentence........ where's the rolling on the floor LMAO smiley...

jlmtx83 05-23-2006 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I have an RXP and with 215 superchared intercooled HP it will eat the lunch on any Yamaha that I've ever seen :rolleyes:

you've never met a big bore or tripple pipe GP1200R or GP1300R then.....

cbeastwood 05-23-2006 10:37 AM

The ones with the 951 engines weren't too reliable, but the new 4-stroke SCIC's are incredible. Take one for a ride and I bet you will be surprised.

How much are big bore kits and "tripple" [sic] kits for a 1200 or 1300? I'm sure if you spent the same $$$ at PPG modding a RXP or RXT you'd have a real screamer...

UNSANE 05-23-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1

YEA!!!! What he said!!! I used to race a highly modded 550 back in the late 80's. So fast with the right impeller, it got squirrely :eek: I would say 60-65 tops but never held it wide open for any period of time, was "propped" for racing most of the time. I actually had it up until last year but had to give it up due to injuries (back/neck) So there's a white, very loud and very fast 550 running around some Winter Park lakes these days. I'd like to get back into these things one day and for me, the RXP is the only machine I'll buy. I just wish they would make the people that buy them take a "how not to be a liquid weetawwd" class :evilb: :evilb:

Sydwayz 05-23-2006 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1

Totally off the topic of the thead now, but I did get to ride a GP1300R this weekend. It was a borrowed trade-in, so I did ride like it was stolen. :D

It was fun, big and stable. However it was no where near as fun as my 1997 Polaris SL1050 that I raced as Stock, Modified and SS at different times. I was able to stand my Polaris up on its end and spin it on its tail like a ski; and I rode that thing so hard I cracked the jet tunnel wide open and sank it.

The Muscle PWC were at their prime in the late '90s. SL1050, GP1200, ZXI1100, GSX951. They are too big to be fun anymore.

jlmtx83 05-23-2006 01:40 PM

i own both, the big bore/tripple pipe skis will cost you about the same 3Kish as a stage two Riva RXP which will do 72-75 on gps...for the same price my GPR is running 77-78mph on gps and eats my RXP in hole shot/mid and top end, it is just nice having the RXP as my pump gas no wrenching toy