Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My winter project on 43 Nor-Tech (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130799-my-winter-project-43-nor-tech.html)

rv 05-23-2006 07:53 AM

Re: My winter project on 43 Nor-Tech

Still have the 17-3/4" x 27" 5 blades. I had Brett at B-Blades tune them up to standard lab specs. I have not had a chance to get a set of data on these props yet. Once I do I will take them back to him for adjustments. He thinks they should be 17-1/4" (same as you had originally). I can tell you one thing they are much better than before for getting on plane. I bet it is at least 1-2 seconds faster. Also the rooster tail is about 4-5' higher than before at the same drive setting. Something changed!

Did you place an order yet for yours? What are your thoughts now for a engines/drives?

Thanks Mark.

Dean, yes we did have a 35 Nordic, friends of ours in Utah have it now. I guess I like that "Nor" part of the word. Yep, it has a pad.

Rick

kswest 05-23-2006 08:02 AM

WOW. I need to do that to mine.

wrinkleface 05-23-2006 08:06 AM

Awesome job! :D Congratz

Pantera1 05-23-2006 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by rv
We got a 43 Nor-Tech late last year and decided to freshen the transom area some. The engines, tailstocks and all items on the transom were removed. The extension boxes remained (dam 5200 won the battle). Everything painted was bead blasted and painted. Drives completely gone through (all new bearings, seals, u-joints and 1 gear set). Marine Drives Inc in Fl did them and the paint finish is better than new, he does great work. Redesigned mounting system for steering bracket and changed mufflers out. Every piece of stainless was polished and some of it was sanded then polished, including every nut/bolt. It was a much longer process than I expected but now I know the condition is top notch and will stay this way. I attached some pictures so you can see the changes.

Rick

Wow that does look great ..that must have taken a long time considering you polished your nuts too .. :drink: :D

Dean Ferry 05-23-2006 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by kswest
WOW. I need to do that to mine.

Yes you do! :drink: Here is the Mercruiser P/N for your LWP Flush attachment; 91-84996T1. Is that the number you found?

K, what are your plans for Memorial day weekend? Are you guys still going down to WPB?
Dean

Back4More 05-23-2006 08:36 AM

:drink:

customryder 05-23-2006 08:37 AM

nice job!

Dean Ferry 05-23-2006 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by rv
Still have the 17-3/4" x 27" 5 blades. I had Brett at B-Blades tune them up to standard lab specs. I have not had a chance to get a set of data on these props yet. Once I do I will take them back to him for adjustments. He thinks they should be 17-1/4" (same as you had originally). I can tell you one thing they are much better than before for getting on plane. I bet it is at least 1-2 seconds faster. Also the rooster tail is about 4-5' higher than before at the same drive setting. Something changed!

Did you place an order yet for yours? What are your thoughts now for a engines/drives?

Thanks Mark.

Dean, yes we did have a 35 Nordic, friends of ours in Utah have it now. I guess I like that "Nor" part of the word. Yep, it has a pad.

Rick

Rick,
Cool, I think you made an AWESOME "Nor" upgrade!!
Dean

Brad Zastrow 05-23-2006 10:22 AM

Wait till everyone looks at the boat in person. WOW! The paint glows and the stainless is mirror finished. Looks real sharp.

Nordicflame 05-23-2006 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Rick,
Cool, I think you made an AWESOME "Nor" upgrade!!
Dean

Yes and we were the lucky beneficiaries of that move :evilb:

The Flame was kept in the same manner. Brings a new meaning to better than new :D

Rick, maybe we can keep the sequence going and I'll be changing to a Nor*** when you get tired of this one :drink: :drink:
(I'd have to move to a place with bigger lakes though :( )

As expected, it looks great Rick!!

Dave