Notices

Cigarette 36' Competition

Old 05-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cigarette 36' Competition

Some of you have pictures in colour of the following Cig.36' of early '70's?

Dante's Inferno 89
Dante's Inferno 98
Boss O'Nova III
Sabre Dance
Starduster

Many Thanks!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Cigarette 36' Competition

Black Tornado:

Welcome to OSO - Here's a few. I've always been a big fan of the 36' too. BAM Marine has Bob Magoon's old KAM rnamed BAM. You can see pics on their website.

Also check out www.historicraceboats.com
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 36' Competition-kaama76.jpg   Cigarette 36' Competition-file0191a.jpg   Cigarette 36' Competition-file0190.jpg  

Old 05-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered

Many Thanks and sorry for my bad education!
I friendly greetings to alls!

I'm a old fans of the Cig.36' and especially of the Black Tornado of my fellow countryman Vincenzo Balestrieri.
I collect offshore pictures and data from 1973 but I never see in colour the boats in the list above.
I ask to Crouse. He promise me to find they but I spend one year for nothing....
I hope to find some good guys that can help me.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Marco:

Glad to help out. Join that historic race boat site and use the contact form to ask about more 36' Cig. color pictures. Crouse donated boxes of pictures to the website...
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 36' Competition-file0005.jpg  
Old 05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Marco
Look at our historic raceboat site, HORBA...membership is free for viewing old photos.
http://www.historicraceboats.com,

Or, look at the site of Vincenzo Balestrieri's son, for all kinds of info on Black Tornado and the other Tornado boats his dad ran. Go to the links section of the HORBA site and you can link over to his site.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 36' Competition-offshore-oldies0047a.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 05-23-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Marco, WELCOME to this website Offshore Only! Tell us more about yourself, your collection and your boat.

take care, Mike
Old 05-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Marco
Look at our historic raceboat site, HORBA...membership is free for viewing old photos.
http://www.historicraceboats.com,

Or, look at the site of Vincenzo Balestrieri's son, for all kinds of info on Black Tornado and the other Tornado boats his dad ran. Go to the links section of the HORBA site and you can link over to his site.
Many thanks!
I know very well your HORBA and I'm subscribe in it some days ago!
I'm very happy to found it. But I have sent some e-mail to HORBA but without answer.

I know very well the Tornado web site of the Balestrieri's son Alex. A lot of the pictures in that site came from my archive.
Alex have a lot of others my pictures still unpublish.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Marco, WELCOME to this website Offshore Only! Tell us more about yourself, your collection and your boat.

take care, Mike
Ok Mike

I'm 46 old,born in Viareggio,Italy. In 1972 I saw the first my Viareggio-Bastia-Viareggio the third oldest Offshore race of all time,after Miami-Nassau and Cowes-Torquay-Cowes.
That year won Vincenzo Balestrieri with the little old Cig.32' Black Tornado and I became a fan of him.
I saw alls V-B-V editions from 1972 to the last in 1996. I saw the 1979 World Championships in Venice where won Betty Cook and next days I will post my pictures of that race.
I have thousands of pictures of mine or take from the net,original magazines and books,and advance-programs magazines of some races.
Now I live in the Lithuania's capital Vilnius where I sell optical and sun glasses. A country without offshore or motorboating traditions,but I continue in my interest.
I'm not a boat owner(sic!) but when in my youth I worked in a italian offshore team I have drove a original Cigarette 36' Competition,the former Lady Nara,winnner of the famous CTC in 1971 with rough seas and one of the firsts 36' that came out from the Aronow's yards.
I'm proud to have met Mr. Don Aronow ,The Genious,and I take care him signature in my offshore celebrity guest book.
I met Pepe Nunez,Tom Gentry,Ted Toleman,Michael Doxford,Joel Halpern,errol Lanier,Dave Wilson ecc.
I'm preparing a book of the history of alls Bertrams 38' competition and in I'm working in the history of alls Cigarette 36' Competition built.
Im very interested to the US Offshore powerboats that have raced specially in the '70's.
I'm very happy to meet this forum. Unbelieveble!
Sorry for my bad English,but i think that we will talk about offshore old time era a lot.
That's I hope!

Last edited by Black Tornado; 05-23-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Many thanks!
I know very well your HORBA and I'm subscribe in it some days ago!
I'm very happy to found it. But I have sent some e-mail to HORBA but without answer.

I know very well the Tornado web site of the Balestrieri's son Alex. A lot of the pictures in that site came from my archive.
Alex have a lot of others my pictures still unpublish.
Marco

I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Alaska, so I am sorry to you and any others if you have had no response to e-mails to HORBA, I am trying to catch up now.

Also we have another 3 boxes of photos from John Crouse to sort through.

We have so much material, that we are making special categories. We will have a section just for the old world champions, Aronow, Wishnick, Bertram....etc.etc.

I have seen the color photo of Bill Wishnick's 36 Cigarette that you refer to and should be able to locate it soon. Please be patient and all of this material will be sorted and posted.

Last edited by Top Banana; 05-23-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Marco

I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Alaska, so I am sorry to you and any others if you have had no response to e-mails to HORBA, I am trying to catch up now.

Also we have another 3 boxes of photos from John Crouse to sort through.

We have so much material, that we are making special categories. We will have a section just for the old world champions, Aronow, Wishnick, Bertram....etc.etc.

I have seen the color photo of Bill Wishnick's 36 Cigarette that you refer to and should be able to locate it soon. Please be patient and all of this material will be sorted and posted.
You're Charlie McCarthy?!
It's a honour for me!
I still remember exactly when I read in a motorboating italian magazine the news of the first(and alone sic!) victory of the Top Banana!

I was in contact with Mr. Crouse that I meet in Viareggio's World Championships in 1984. But recently I don't have him message in my mail.
Now you tell me that have the Crouse's archive with the Tibedau or Maugeri collections. Well done! I'm waiting for!

Last edited by Black Tornado; 05-23-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Cigarette 36' Competition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.