Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   best place to buy GPS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130969-best-place-buy-gps.html)

zitoracing 05-24-2006 08:35 PM

best place to buy GPS

where is the best place to buy a Garmin 492 for a good price west marine is high.
thanks in advance
Ty

Scott 05-24-2006 09:08 PM

Re: best place to buy GPS

Nextag Garmin 492

Buy from a trusted seller and you will have no problem. We have used a few of the different vendors for other products. You can even set up e-mail alert for price changes.

Make sure to change the zip code to your area the link shows mine.

Good luck

chad1 05-24-2006 09:45 PM

I Used Tigergps.com. Same Day Shipping.best Price

$753.63 FOR A GARMIN 492

oblvnxprs 05-24-2006 09:53 PM

I got a good deal online
getfeetwet.com

Panic Button 05-25-2006 01:32 AM

www.gps-store.net $729.00

Scott 05-25-2006 07:13 AM

I see that its listed at $701 out the door at Buydig right now using the Nextag service! So why are the above prices better? Do what you want but I just can't see buying at a vendor who is higher in price. When it comes to this type of product I'ts all about the price! Store loyalty is gone unless they can price match.

FeverMike 05-25-2006 07:39 AM

I have gone to West Marine with print out's of electronics with better prices and West Marine has matched the price.

DJD 05-25-2006 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I have gone to West Marine with print out's of electronics with better prices and West Marine has matched the price.

Exactly what I was going to say!
I just bought a Garmin 3210c and XM weather package. West Marine dropped $438.00 off the price because I brought in a competitors price.
Find the best price you can online (not ebay, they won't honor that), go to the "check out" page like you were going to buy it & print out that page.

Scott 05-25-2006 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by DJD
Exactly what I was going to say!
I just bought a Garmin 3210c and XM weather package. West Marine dropped $438.00 off the price because I brought in a competitors price.
Find the best price you can online (not ebay, they won't honor that), go to the �check out� page like you were going to buy it & print out that page.

Not to beat this to death :rolleyes: But yes I have done this myself and most places will honor the On-line price and you can walk out the door with it in hand. Only downfall is sales tax but the convenience certainly can make up for it.

Strip Poker 388 05-25-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Scott
Not to beat this to death :rolleyes: But yes I have done this myself and most places will honor the On-line price and you can walk out the door with it in hand. Only downfall is sales tax but the convenience certainly can make up for it.

If theres room I have made them include the Tax, but on a item like this they want