Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Loud, Fast and Politically Incorrect" WSJ today!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131122-loud-fast-politically-incorrect-wsj-today.html)

jlmtx83 05-26-2006 11:23 AM

Re: "Loud, Fast and Politically Incorrect" WSJ today!!

interesting read...earplugs...come on now. Whats next, the diesel vehicles that pull the boats are too loud...get a bicycle and turn pedals of fury if noise it too much

Panther 05-26-2006 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Sent mine this morning.

Just sent mine.... :mad:

LostinBoston 05-26-2006 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I just read the article and it's way off :( At the bottom of the page of the link that RonP provided, there is an email address...... (Hannah Karp [email protected] ) I sent her an email to correct a few stupid comments she had in the article. Start sending some emails to her!!!

all of her info is "Critics say" or "according to" her way of gettting her agenda across without be responsible for what she says.

and what the hell does a professor at Howard University know about manatees in fl? he should get some emails.

Ron P 05-26-2006 12:18 PM

And to think that the SBI racers were excited to have the Wall Street Journal at their race in Marathon....

But they don't want boating magazines to cover their events. What's wrong with this picture?

sy goldberg 05-26-2006 12:19 PM

I think that author of the article had her last sexual encounter with a cactus plant !

Dean Ferry 05-26-2006 12:22 PM

I just sent an email to her, just another example of the US tree-hugging liberal media wanting everyone to sell their cars, trucks and BIG "Cigar" boats and return to the horse and buggy days! i asked her is she was a member of the STM Club? :mad:
Dean

kswest 05-26-2006 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by WSJ
Though there are few statistics on what types of boats are responsible, some scientists and conservationists are convinced that cigarette boats are fueling the increase.

I don't know any scientists / engineers that make broad ranging conclusion with "few statistics."

salesmanship 05-26-2006 12:47 PM

What a bunch of Crappola. Guess I'll go buy a 50 Sea Ray so I don't make a giant wake anymore. Also good to know that Reggie's cigarette sales are going well. Skip will be glad to hear that. :crazy:

Cash Bar 05-26-2006 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship
. Also good to know that Reggie's cigarette sales are going well. Skip will be glad to hear that. :crazy:

ROTFLMAO !!!! :eek: :D

sy goldberg 05-26-2006 12:55 PM

I Stand By My Statement,and I Bet It Hurt ! :d :d :d