Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Loud, Fast and Politically Incorrect" WSJ today!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131122-loud-fast-politically-incorrect-wsj-today.html)

Ange 05-26-2006 10:49 PM

Re: "Loud, Fast and Politically Incorrect" WSJ today!!

I was wondering the same thing myself Sharkey. I can think of ONE racer that wears gold and he STILL isn't competing with Reggie in that category. :D

Thanks CBR, believe me, I'm cooling down before I write that so-called author. That way I can be a whole lot clearer about it when I tell her just how far up the azzes of the "enviromentalists" her head actually is. :D

CBR 05-26-2006 11:09 PM

Paul Steiger is the WSJ managing editor. Perhaps the other six editors were not working the day the writer submitted her "factual" article. <gg>

Paul can be reached at 200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281

Telephone 212 416-2000

As others above have suggested, a calm, factual tone will likely get the best results. Good luck all!

Someone needs to organize Paul Steiger a ride in the NY Poker Run, paging Billy Frenz!

TGOR 05-26-2006 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=sharkeymarine]I too agree with T2x!

This quote is going to leave a mark!

"After the names of the first winners of the evening were called three times, someone had to retrieve them from the bar just 10 feet away."

This has got to tick off a few!

Sharkey,

I think that quote was about me and my brother. True we were called several times, that was because we knew we took fourth place and were standing "near" the bar when the ceremony only 10 feet away began. We were completely surprised we were awarded third place and were not prepared to accept a trophy for fourth place. Of course, I later reviewed the scores and noticed we were incorrectly awarded third place...thus our surprise and delay in accepting the third place trophy at the ceremony.

The article made it sound like we were a bunch of boozers more concerned about our place at the bar instead of picking up our trophy. The writer immediately made the above comment to add to the negative tone of her article. If she knew the facts of why we had to be called three times, for example, we weren't expecting a trophy for the known fourth place we took, despite the error in the awards ceremony, and my brother was discussing his new race ministry with a few other racers while I was talking with another P5 team owner on some ideas to grow our fleet and improve the rules. Bottom line, the writer chose to accentuate the negative aspects of our sport and not the positive.

Sean

CBR 05-26-2006 11:40 PM

Great story that the managing editor of the WSJ would like to hear, I am sure.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-26-2006 11:59 PM

Sean,
I agree with CBR.
Maybe you should send that to the editor....

And just so there is no confusion, the quote "This has got to tick off a few!" I made was for the following quote from the article:

"Though the company sold fewer of the boats last year, Fountain Powerboat Industries of Washington, N.C., which accounts for about half the cigarette-boat market"

orss 05-27-2006 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Thanc godness you are not righting the article. It mit be much harderer to reed.

i apologizes for my spelling, i talk better that i write,i save lives for living i never have a complain of that people about how i write or speak, i hope i have the chance to meet you some day that way i can tell you couple of things that you will understand

PhantomChaos 05-27-2006 01:57 AM

ORSS.........ANGE says you da man.............. :woohoo: :woohoo: Good for me !! :drink:

Racegirl3 05-27-2006 08:10 AM

So Nort ... since Ange says orss is a great guy you appologized to him but if nobody knew who he was the slams would stand? Hmm .....

CBR ... Ill see what I can do on the letter writing front. :bunny:

orss 05-27-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
So Nort ... since Ange says orss is a great guy you appologized to him but if nobody knew who he was the slams would stand:

:rolleyes: thanks rg

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-27-2006 09:06 AM

ORSS is a 1st responder in Offshore.

Makes him ok in my book !

Saving someone's life far out weighs how he may type... :drink: