Notices

Doug Wright 32

Old 05-28-2006, 08:15 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Doug Wright 32

You will not be disappointed with a Doug Wright in anyway. TNT is now an exclusive dealer for Doug's boat as well as Grant's being one of the main riggers right now. Either way you will not be disappointed.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pleasure version deck mold is not yet done, doug is trying to get it completed but he is just covered up, we have ordered the first and have a deposit on number 2 pleasure, , it will be called the 35 light speed because it will be an extended bustle boat with sterndrives, loa will be 35' with 32' running surface similar to MTI's 39/42/44. We will be the midwest/ east dealer on the 32/35, we offer complete rigging, paint, etc. The first 35 which will be fall completion will have 496ho/ or raylar 496 its bravo xr sportmaster and will be complete for 299k, the second boat we are planning on either 525efi or raylars new 800 efi/konrad package, or custom power if requested, boat will be awesome , fast, reliable, the 496 boat is Doug and I's try for an insurable 120mph boat that will be affordable, We can order you a chop top version now, but the pleasure will be much bigger in the cockpit and can accomadate a 3 seat bolster rear seat. midwest performance marine 636 236-4141
Old 05-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Registered

Good news and congrats on the dealership. Waiting for the pleasure version am I off in pricing?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
The pleasure version deck mold is not yet done, doug is trying to get it completed but he is just covered up, we have ordered the first and have a deposit on number 2 pleasure, , it will be called the 35 light speed because it will be an extended bustle boat with sterndrives, loa will be 35' with 32' running surface similar to MTI's 39/42/44. We will be the midwest/ east dealer on the 32/35, we offer complete rigging, paint, etc. The first 35 which will be fall completion will have 496ho/ or raylar 496 its bravo xr sportmaster and will be complete for 299k, the second boat we are planning on either 525efi or raylars new 800 efi/konrad package, or custom power if requested, boat will be awesome , fast, reliable, the 496 boat is Doug and I's try for an insurable 120mph boat that will be affordable, We can order you a chop top version now, but the pleasure will be much bigger in the cockpit and can accomadate a 3 seat bolster rear seat. midwest performance marine 636 236-4141
Who will be rigging it?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Jim, I just got off the phone with Doug 2 minutes before I posted this. First, and this is just how Doug put it: He didn't tell anyone including you that his 32 would run 120mph with 496s. Second, he is so busy that your pleasure versions you are talking about, even if he decided to do them this way, are 2 years out. The expectations your putting on Dougs boats would be great, it looks like he builds a hell of a boat, but what if they fall short? Not only will you look like the Jackass but so will Doug. Why don't we get the first Cut top out running, then talk about it. The first 32 stern drive claimed to go 139mph with 700s, and the owner came on here and said it did 133mph I believe. Also can you imagine the ass chewing I just gave Doug thinking I was to have the first pleasure version, and to find out from a post from you there's a different pleasure version available. He was not real happy. Congrats to you if you have really inked a deal with Doug on dealing his 32. Greg Faulkner
Old 05-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

I have been in constant contact with Doug for a long time, we have spoke in detail about the pleasure version, everything I said was from doug and I's discussion, the pleasure deck is complete, just needs to be cleaned up and yes it is about 18" wider. we have talked about the rear access entry , new seat configuration. It will happen, I know doug is looking for qualified help but we both decided to just take our time and produce the pleasure version with all of the updates from the first 38 and past 32's. We have both done the math and with the 496ho and cmi exhaust, actual hp will be about 500/ side these numbers show 120mph, the boat only weighs 2400lbs, it has ran over 120 with 2.5 outboards, you guys do the math I've had very experienced people in the industry do their calculations and 120 is attainable, CMS mti 39 ran 136 with 525's and everyone said that could'nt be true , call Bob Bull and ask him, the CRC 42 mti ran over 160mph with superc at motors, I'm just very excited about this product for our needs . I'm sorry if anyone is offended but as the thread said it is an attempt to get a awesome cat with proven race, rough water and proven speeds a chance with the guys who just cant get insurance or afford a 500k cat. I still believe even though doug can only build 6 of these a year we will have a pleasure version before 2 years. I'll just update everyone as we go, but none of this is just made up.
the first inboard also had closer to 700's and was never totally dialed in and a expected speed number was 150mph, this info came from 2 100% reliable sources, not me. They both said the boat felt like it was on rails. Doug wants to be very conservative, which is why I and so many respect him so highly, but I'm also a very optimistic but realistic person as well, and again as I said it's a goal, Greg I also understand you will be dealing them on the West Coast, did'nt mean to ruffle your feathers just believe highly in Doug and the pleasure will take alot of work and the chop top qualifies as a pleasure in my boat anyway, just wanted to get a full back seat, which requires the modified deck, and the bustle Doug was already working on, which is why its called the 35 light speed. jim

Last edited by wiggler4490; 05-30-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So who will be rigging the boats?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Registered

When the pleasure version comes available am I off in pricing?
Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

rvrtricks, I would think you are in the right range. get Grant's, TNT, or Offshore Concepts to rig it and you'll be set.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Default Re: Doug Wright 35 pleasure

We have very respected and qualified riggers at our facility in St. Louis, they will be rigged with show quality,they just finished rerigging my 50v Nortech with triples and its shocking how clean and neat it is, and we have some new neat features and ideas for the engine compartment for the doug wright's, We can quote a rig on a new doug wright , please give me a call Jim 636 236-4141 Midwest performance marine- LOTO

Quick Reply: Doug Wright 32

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.