Notices

Someone Needs Our Help

Old 06-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Someone Needs Our Help

Originally Posted by GOODT
This boat is being sold because her husband past away suddenly (at 43 ) a year ago last Christmas. this boat was his pride and joy I am honored to say he was my friend.
I know admin will prob boot this but she doesnt have the funds to put in the classifed and I do feel for her she is good people as was rick her husband
you can email me or call me with any questions and Ill be more then happy to give you her number
I dont feel we need do do anything like the raffle but I would like to see this boat go to a good home and I feel what she wants for it is more then fair if not cheap
Thanks guys
The way I read it, it's due to a death in the family
Old 06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

I dont realy understand why there cant be a for sale section in the forum , but im sure there is good reason. There is the swap shop area.
I dont understand why GOODT is getting the 3rd degree about details of a sale ..
Looks like alot of boat for the money to me
Old 06-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Registered

From what I have seen here, there seems to be some questions on why it's for sale and might make a buyer wonder what else might be misslead. I think it's a good deal but someone might be more apt to pay a little more if it's a death or sickness involved that just needing money to build a house. It's just a cloudy deal with the different things going on.

But what ever the deal is it should be clear and honest.

just my penny
Old 06-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered

I dont know .. If im looking at a boat for sale im looking it over thoroughly, taking it for a sea trial etc .. The story behind the owners etc is not realy what im basing my puchase on ..
However 43 is way too young
Old 06-03-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was another post on this awhile ago and the way I take it is her husband passed away 1 1/2 to 2 years ago and they were building a house before that. Now she would like to sell the boat to finish the project.
It's sad that some people think you have to wait until she is down and out before they can give her a break.
Put your wives in the same situation and see how you would feel if you were looking down from above.
I'd bet if there was a pic of her in the boat in a bikini you guys would think this was the best thread yet. JB
Old 06-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Bikini.... now that a different situation all together.........
Old 06-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Registered

Here is the first thread and JB you are so right!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128741
I feel bad for this gal and can't help but think how hard on me it would be if something happened to Ian suddenly. At the moment both our engines and outdrives are in pieces all over the garage and basement, having to sell our boat in that condition would be a nightmare for me. I could only hope that we would have some good friends that would help me like Goodt is doing for his buddy's wife. Good luck and good job in helping her with this.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-03-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donna, I'm sure there would be alot of us there to help, all you would have to do is flip the burgers on the grill and watch

Hey Ian, just as I was getting ready to hit the post button a thought crossed my mind.
I hope Donna can wait for YOU to get the boat back together instead of her having something happen to you so we all get together and fix HER boat LOL good luck and I hope I get a chance to meet you this summer JB
Old 06-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I was basing my statement on the previous post, not this one, sorry to be misleading. As for the craigslist ad-I would never tell the real story (i.e. husband deceased, estate sale) there are more shady characters on CL than on e-bay-and virtually everyone is looking for a "smoking" deal

It would be nice to see this boat sold so she can get along with her life, building the house or not
Old 06-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Donna, I think there would be a bunch of people willing to help you out, but there would have to be beer to go along with the burgers

It is a sobering thought to consider checking out at 43-especially when you are 46

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.