Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake George Ny (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131310-lake-george-ny.html)

baja27 05-29-2006 06:11 PM

Lake George Ny

CAN ANY OF YOU GUYS RECOMMEND A CAMPING SITE WHERE I CAN TAKE MY BOAT AND A FAMILY. HAVE THE BOAT DOCKED BY THE SITE. THANKS :drink:
ALSO WHATS THE BEST RAMP AROUND. wE THINKING ABOUT GOING SECOND WEEK OF AUG :drink:

JROMY 05-29-2006 07:04 PM

Re: Lake George Ny

Good question baja27- I'm headed up there with a couple guys this summer to run with the offshore crowd up there and was wondering about the ramp myself. I was actually there this weekend to visit friends (without the boat), and didn't have much luck finding a ramp or marina that would let me launch. Otis recommended Norowal Marina a few months ago, but in my infinite wisdom, I didn't stop there because I wrote their name down and promptly left it on the kitchen table before we left.

ReggieRaft 05-29-2006 07:54 PM

I was up for the May poker run and used Fishers Marina. Parking and ramp were great. Take 9L to pilots knob rd. 20in and 20 out. Thats life.

otis311 05-29-2006 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by baja27
CAN ANY OF YOU GUYS RECOMMEND A CAMPING SITE WHERE I CAN TAKE MY BOAT AND A FAMILY. HAVE THE BOAT DOCKED BY THE SITE. THANKS :drink:
ALSO WHATS THE BEST RAMP AROUND. wE THINKING ABOUT GOING SECOND WEEK OF AUG :drink:

There are no camping sites with docks. You can anchor your boat out at the NYS Campsites, but to my knowlege, there arent any docks. Unless you camp on one of the Islands. If you do that, you get one dock slip per site

the duke 05-29-2006 08:34 PM

There are campgrounds on many of the islands in the lake. All have docks for your boat. Here is a link to the website that you can do reservations on. Plus there is a phone number that you can call for more information If you click on the different islands they give a lot of information about them, plus you can see if they are available when you want to come.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/co.../newindex.html

the duke 05-29-2006 08:39 PM

For the islands north of Bolton Landing, Norowal in Bolton Landing is the best/closest for under 30' boat. For islands south of Bolton or bigger boats, Fishers on the East side

nordic95 05-29-2006 08:56 PM

I use to camp a lot up there and I found a camp ground called Rgers Rock.Its at the nort end of the lake,pretty far from town.But I loved it because they have a double wide concrete ramp right in the camp ground that is for thr camp ground only.You have to leave you boat on the trailer in there parking lot but it is secure and right next to the ramp.Nice showers and all.

Nordic95

baja27 05-30-2006 08:06 AM

Thanks guys for the input.
Duke, I like the idea of camping on a inland are the slips big enough for a 33' and deep .
Thanks

LostinBoston 05-30-2006 09:07 AM

are there any limitis on Lke George? size, speed, power etc? Also, what is the liscensing requirment?

the duke 05-30-2006 09:24 AM

Thanks guys for the input.
Duke, I like the idea of camping on a inland are the slips big enough for a 33' and deep .
Thanks

I think it depends on the site. Calling the number in the link I gave you should help. Also the link shows dock length