Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Price of fuel - impact on boat market? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131375-price-fuel-impact-boat-market.html)

Magicfloat 06-17-2006 05:55 PM

Re: Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

The buyers of the low end boats where dealers are pushing $149 a month payments are impacted because those buyers don't want to spend $60 on Sat morning for fuel,and that is understandable. But the the guy that just spent 250K for his new boat doesn't really care. His $500 fillup may now be $800,but as long as the fuel is available,he is ok.Saw this in the late 70's,it wasn't the price of fuel,it was the availabilty of fuel that scared the guys that could afford it. We don't currently have the threat of availability,just high prices.As with anything in life,some will be affected greatly,some not at all.

Steve_H 06-17-2006 07:11 PM

for what its worth. the number of boats on loto over memorial weekend was the least ive ever seen. probably 70 % less then years past and im not exaggerating....

ratman 06-17-2006 08:18 PM

im dealing with the higher gas prices by installing blower motors :D i think prices will drop after the ahole in iran gets whacked :drink:

Semper Fi 06-17-2006 08:25 PM

I think for the majority of us, we will probably driving less and hanging out more on our boats because of the high price of fuel.

lucky strike 06-17-2006 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
im dealing with the higher gas prices by installing blower motors :D :

I like you attitude bro !

99fever27 06-17-2006 10:23 PM

So far the cheapest part of boating for me has been the gas! A blown drive, new tires, dinged prop or stereo seem to be my gripes.

Sean H 06-17-2006 10:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Steve_H
for what its worth. the number of boats on loto over memorial weekend was the least ive ever seen. probably 70 % less then years past and im not exaggerating....

you know where they all were... :drink: :drink:

CAP071 06-17-2006 10:37 PM

My mother works for a Trailer co. they are dead as balls :(

bskater18 06-17-2006 10:45 PM

It is $4.00 a gal. in Center Moriches NY on the water. Then I bought a 24 skater with twin 225 promax, great boat . I thought I would have no problem selling my 25' Stamas Family fisherman and my re-powered 18' Douglas skater. Not much is moving. Can I get some help ? Bill @ 516 398-7132

CAP071 06-17-2006 10:47 PM

Between gas, ins, and rising interest rates, I think things will slow down a bit