Default Re: Used Boat Purchase "gone bad Stories"

Originally Posted by djtalon
I have one but i will wait a bit to share it;
UT-OH! Sorry to hear that Dave.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as a broker i can tell some stories about things going wrong with boats from people cutting me bad checks for 230k to being on sea trail and telling the people that they don't want to go out today because it bad out and them telling me that if we don't go out they aren't buying the boat (normally those people i would just take out and scar the S$%# out of them, once they told me that i had to drop them off on the beach) but the worest one was...

two guy (partners) that i'd been working with for about a month or so came into town from New Orlands.. nice guy.. the bought a 97 Gun from me with 600 Hawks.. the motors had 15 hours after a major.. geny/ac.. just a nice clean boat.. two days before they show up i drop the boat in to test it.. all systems looked good but the geny.. had to have some little thing done to it.. got the done and then everything was good.. guys show up and the first thing the Doc Master didn't tie the boat up tight and she sat there for two days rubbing on a bolt in the piling.. NOT GOOD.. then i told them we'll get that to go away.. you'll never know.. easy paint.. done.. then we go on sea trail.. all systems good.. running strong.. sounds good.. bring her back and put her into teh travel left well and put her on the trailer.. sign docs.. get paint done and they stick around for two extra days and on the day they where to pull out one guy gets into the pulling the oil dip sticks.. port motor oil looks like cream..... NOT GOOD.. now both of these buyer know motors ans they where going to pull the hawks in the off season and redue them.. drop another 1500 out of the price and that was a headache.. after about a month they tore the motors down and called me and told me that it was a small crack in the intake.. that was all.. and they sent me two other people to buy boats from me after all that.. nice guy.. name of boat is smoking gun in the big eaqsy.. anyone see them tell them thomas says hi
Old 05-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

and yes i've taken the same boat out three or four times for sea trail to chanage props, pulls, different fuel and/or bad weather.. or the boat just fail sea trail do to a wide vary of reason

most brokers.. MOST BROKERS.. i think rep the boats they sell as close to the tueth as they can.. i always tell people the truth.. no madder if they need to hear it or not before i have them buy air fair to come run the boats... thomas
Old 05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This buddy of mine got a hold of a 10 meter Fountain...
Old 05-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Registered

i know the two guys you are talking about, both very nice, they love the boat, very nice
Old 05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold a boat (my personal boat) to a friend, the block had a big picture window in it by the time he was done with his second trip out. He would probably say it was a boat purchase gone bad!
Old 05-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My Top Guns "Fresh Pro Built 540s" turned out to be the worst collection of JUNK parts ever put together. I made the mistake of talking to the "Engine builder" He told me how great they were...Ya right....Oh well...I got 3 hours
from them...
Old 05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Four years ago.

Made a deal to sell my first-ever boat to my sister and bro' in law.
21 Wellcraft Eclipse. 250 hours. Looked near-new, always maintained perfectly. I bought it new, and had it 9 years. Gave them the smokin' deal -- their first boat ever.

Took the boat out for my final weekend with it sometime in late Sept. Took it directly from the lake to my mechanic for winterizing. Did that.
Arranged to meet my brother halfway -- in New Mexico -- over the Xmas break. I towed the boat out.

He gets the boat to Oklahoma. Puts it in storage. Takes it out for the first time in the spring....engine block is cracked? Like it hadn't been winterized? My mechanic stepped up and split cost of new 350 with me.

All good.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Ask Rock Steady.

Quick Reply: Used Boat Purchase "gone bad Stories"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.