Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What boat for $70-80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two? >

What boat for $70-80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?

Notices

What boat for $70-80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?

Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What boat for $70-80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?

pantera 28'
Old 06-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Default Re: What boat for $70-80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?

Wow! Thanks for the replies so far. I never even knew superboat made that 30' Y2K. I'll going to look into that further. Also will be checking out used panteras too.

I put 80k as my absolute limit, but a 50k boat is even better- I figure $1000-1200 is as much of a payment as I can swing after I pay off my truck this winter.

I thought I wanted twins, but every time I have engine trouble with my Donzi, I'm so thankful I only have to work on and buy parts for one engine. Also with fuel prices, a single probably makes sense.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

That PP from Trick is out of hand for that price.

jr mike
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 158 Likes on 77 Posts

Buy the Pink Flamingo, Florida is home of the Cigarette and the resale in the long run will keep the value in that boat. Especially with the Light Layup, The boat will never go out of style in Florida. Plus, its a great big water boat. Everyone will agree with that.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Registered

Yeah, but it will be for sale next year? Doubt it... That's why I said in my original post that this wasn't a "wanted ad", but a research post- which it is becoming. And pink isn't my color...oh and I'm in VA beach now, I need to update my profile.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Black Donzi 33 footer center console/cuddy - buy it cheap ($20k), add A/C to three person cuddy ($1200) , a pair of brand new Verado 300 hp outboards( $25k), and a couple of kickin bolsters (like on the midnight express customs boat - Stidds are $2k) and you are rocking and you have an extra $30k for gas.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know that the Flamingo had so many fans! Thanks guys.

Zimm. I believe that the general concensus vote is for a well-rounded boat with:
Mild, reliable power that is easy on gas & maintenance, but strong enough for rough, ocean conditions.
Comfortable cabin to "crash out in" or get some action.
Strength in a lightweight hull with plenty of length to blow through waves and swell safely without sacrificing ride comfort among passengers.
Economy - that's a tough one unless you go for an outboard cat. Insurance alone will wipe you out annually.
Newer trailer to tote the boat around.
And by the way, the pink graphics are vinyl and will come off. I keep them as a tribute to Miami, birth place of this fine machine. If you need more info, give me a shout.

Hugh
Attached Thumbnails What boat for -80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?-scope-eric-052.jpg  
Old 06-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

The Pink Flamingo has a great rep.
Hugh, the next owner will be as happy with her as you and I were.
I'll take it back on a trade anyday you're ready !

Steve

Last edited by lucky strike; 06-01-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

I just bought a 28ZX with twin 350 MAGs and I am very happy with it. It handles the rough well and is very comfortable. We had 4 sleeping on it when we brought it up from Ft. Lauderdale without any problem.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 96 35' Lightning at the beginning of the year (for less than $65k) and it has worked out great. Sleeps all four of us tightly (kids on the couch), has a head and handles 4 foot swells with no problem. It came with new 496 HOs and actually gets better fuel efficiency than the (single) blown Eliminator we had before it. I won't go back to a smaller single.

Here a pic from last weekend (May 29th) in Catalina.
Attached Thumbnails What boat for -80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?-1-reduced.jpg  

Quick Reply: What boat for $70-80k used, fast, good in rough water, and sleeps two?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.