Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One of my Labs has cancer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131562-one-my-labs-has-cancer.html)

HUSTLEthis 06-01-2006 03:14 PM

Re: One of my Labs has cancer

Sorry to hear the sad news Magic...we had to put our 9 1/2 yr old Rotti down when he came up with cancer too...saddest day for me since...

Thanks for the post Insptech

Tom

f311fr1 06-01-2006 05:56 PM

Robert, I am so sorry to hear the bad news about your Lab. Keep your chin up and when the time comes be there for her. Joe Murray

Pantera1 06-01-2006 06:00 PM

:( sorry

CMG 06-01-2006 06:39 PM

Horrible news and very sorry to hear. I am sitting next to my 16 year old Cocker Spaniel who is everything to my wife and I... he's getting older by the minute and its killing us.

sonicator 06-01-2006 06:49 PM

sorry to hear, my Japanese Akita Louie had lymphoma and was on Prednisone which gave him 4 more months, he was not in any apparent pain and acted like his former self but when the cancer spread to his brain it was over very fast.

Biggus 06-01-2006 07:29 PM

Robert, I hope some sort of miracle pulls through for your Lab. As some of you know, I lost my best friend Monroe last week. I feel so empty without him. He travelled with me for close to 600,000 miles. I'm presently working in Long Island, NY and It's the first time I've ever been here without him. I don't want to clean my truck because it still smells like him.

Again, I wish the best.

Kurt

RedDog382 06-01-2006 10:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My first golden Abigail was a sweetheart! Life-long battle with thyroid problems, arthritis in her spine, and at age eight had a bowel obstruction from sarcoma. Had surgery to remove about 10 inches of small intestine and lost over 18 pounds. Almost died from the first dose of chemo two months later. But through affection and sheer will to live, she became well and lived another two years. I woke up from a nap one night to go to work and for the first time in over 10 years, she was not in the same room with me. She left quietly laying on the floor by the couch were she always layed by my feet.

RedDog382 06-01-2006 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
She outlasted more girlfriends than I can remember:

RedDog382 06-01-2006 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unlike a woman, the later you come home the happier they are to see you!

florida gator 06-03-2006 11:04 AM

My 10 year old daughters lab was about the same age, same thing last year.